Chapter 31

The bright sun over head shone down on us as we ran to our next destination. The train station where we will board the mugen train. I wish i could say the journey was peaceful but I'd be lying. The boys were non-stop bickering. Mainly Inosuke was starting it, trying to get on their nerves or one-up them for the stupidest reasons. Multiple times I had to tell them to shut up. Sometimes they would and other times Inosuke would start yelling at me, or Zenitsu would start whining. Tanjiro seemed tired of their bullshit too and told them off nicely multiple times. Poor kid has to deal with them. At least he has friends though i guess.

"Lord help me i will absolutely body slam you right now if you don't shut the fuck up." I turned my head back, yelling at Inosuke.

"Ha! I'd like to see you try! I did beat you in our fight you weakling." He boasted proudly.

"Inosuke that's rude!-" Tanjiro began to scold him.

"Nah nah nah let him talk shit bro, we'll see if he has shit to say after I snap his fucking spine like a twig." I glared at Inosuke.

"Is that even possible? He's inhumanely flexible." Zenitsu commented, looking at Inosuke weirdly.

"Oh trust me Zen, it's entirely fucking possible." I cracked my neck.

"Hey y/n?" Zenitsu said.

"What's good little man." I said, focusing my attention back onto the road in front.

"Why do you do that so often?"

"Do what?" I questioned.

"You know, crack your neck from side to side." Zenitsu commented.

"What do you mean? I only did it now for dramatic effect." I stated, confused.

"No.. you do it a lot whenever i see you. Not to mention your constantly cracking your fingers." He pointed out.

I looked down to see that i was in fact fidgeting around with my fingers subconsciously. And apparently I've also been cracking my neck subconsciously.

"Oh i didn't realize. It must be a nervous stim or tic or something." I waved it off.

"A.. stim? What is that exactly?" Tanjiro asked.

"Oh it's like something you do to stimulate yourself if you have a lack or a lot of stimulation. It just sorta happens you can't control it." I stated simply.

"So it's involuntary movement?" Zenitsu asked.

"Yeah basically. Come to think of it my parents and siblings used to comment the same thing. Always asking me why i was fidgety so much at times and they'd tell me to stop. I told them i literally can't because it just happens and i don't usually realize it. They told me off saying i don't have tourettes syndrome so I have no excuse to say i can't control it. I was pissed that day." I frowned, remembering how ignorant they can be.

"But it's not your fault if you can't control it." Inosuke agreed.

"Yeah that's pretty messed up of them." Tanjiro said, Zenitsu nodded in agreement.

"Yeah well you win some you lose some." I smiled, shrugging it off. "Now come on, it's better to get this mission over with as soon as possible. Now any questions before we arrive?" I asked them.

"Y/n, i wanted to ask Rengoku if he knows about Hinokami Kagura. Will he?" Tanjiro asked.

"Ah- no.. but I'd ask him still because he will tell you something important i think." I gave him the disappointing answer. He frowned a little and grew silent.

"Y/n, this mission. What exactly should we expect? Like the demons and everything." Zenitsu asked.

"Well it would ruin the fun if i told you, wouldn't it?" I smiled back at him. "Don't worry so much Zen. You're pretty damn good at killing demons. Well when you're asleep."