Chapter 17

I didn't get much sleep last night. Combined with my exhaustion after yesterday, i looked like absolute shit. I couldn't go to sleep after coming home. All my mind would think about is Giyu Tomioka. Do i like him? Could we be more than friends? Could we have a future together? What would other people think? Does he even like me? What did he look at last night?

I groaned as the constant thoughts flooded my brain. I didn't want to do anything today. My only plans are to make breakfast for Giyu to repay him and sleep. If i fucking can.

I sat up, feeling lightheaded and dizzy. I wanted nothing more than to just sleep. My uniform was sweaty and gross. I don't want to wear it anymore. The collar feels tight now. Its making my body heat rise. The belt is restricting me. I need to take it off. I want it off.

Breathing heavily i took off the clothes in a rush, nearly slipping and falling. I went to my suitcase and grabbed a hoodie, basketball shorts and undergarments. Fuck it.

I went inside my bathroom and closed the door. I grabbed my towel and ran a bath. Hopefully this could make it look like i actually slept. I let the water heat up because i feel like too much shit to take a cold bath. I don't fucking care if it's better for your skin and hair i need a warm bath right now.

I stepped in and let the liquid soak into me. I breathes a sigh of relief. The steam i breathed in helped me clear my mind a bit and i could actually fucking relax. I laid back, letting the water reach my chin. I closed my eyes for a moment. Serenity.

My muscles relaxed and i could think properly again. Okay so you flirt jokingly with your friends a lot. That's normal and it means nothing. I like complimenting them but i also degrade them at times because we're chill like that. I don't usually receive kindness in return though. That's why with Sanemi i felt nothing from flirting with him and being mean to each other because it was normal for me. For Giyu however, he surprised me by openly saying he's concerned for my well-being. That i am not used to. So it was only natural for me to react the way i did. And when he looked down that could've easily been him struggling to maintain eye contact. He doesn't seem very used to prolonged eye contact other than from a select people like Tanjiro. Even then he tends to look away sometimes.

I heaved in a sigh of relief. Getting my thoughts straight helped a lot and i feel much better now.

I washed my hair thoroughly, getting rid of the sweat that stuck to it from the battle yesterday. Somehow it felt lighter after i rinsed out all the grime. I then washed my body, scrubbing away the dirt that stuck to it, nearly leaving my skin irritated by how much i scrubbed.

I stepped out of the bath and dried myself off. I squeezed excess water out of my hair and patted it dry. Once i put on my clothes i stepped out feeling much better. Hell, i feel like i slept a full eight hours now.

"Can you feed me now."

I looked over to where the voice came from and saw Cheesestick looking irritated by the door. I smiled at him amused.

"Yeah sure, you feeling like salmon for breakfast?" I picked him up and opened the door.

"How could i say no." Cheesestick beamed at me, clearly excited to have such a treat for breakfast.

I pat him and silently walked to Giyu's door, motioning to Cheesestick to be quiet. I pressed my ear against the door. To my delight i heard soft snoring coming from the other side. Good he's still asleep.

I walked back to my room and grabbed my phone. I felt like it would be better for me to hand make breakfast today instead of just using the journal. To really show my gratitude to Giyu.

I searched for simmered salmon with daikon recipes online and found one that seemed good. I doubt Giyu has much food ingredients considering how often he's out on missions so i grabbed my journal.