Chapter 4

I woke up when i felt something on my face. I opened my eyes to see cheesestick sitting on my chest and pawing at my nose.

"Hey Cheesestick." I greeted him. Cheesestick meowed in reply and kept pawing at my face.

I picked him up and set him aside. He stood for a moment before walking around the room. He sniffed at the walls and corners. 'Weird ass lovable cat' i thought.

I stretched my muscles and bones till they popped. I sat up and twisted my side to the right and then to the left. Each time till i felt a pop in my spine. I then stood up and cracked my back to loosen it up. Once i was done stretching and shook off the morning fatigue. I think from outside perspective i probably looked like a dog when it gets wet and shakes the water off. I laughed to myself silently. 'I'm like trashy little raccoon that sells illegal spoons to you in an alleyway' i thought. I definitely need to draw that later.

I walked over to pick up Cheesestick who meowed at me a couple of times. I carried him back over to my futon and sat down on it.

I grabbed my phone from my bag i left beside me and checked the date and time. Friday, July 1st. 7:23 AM. At this time i would be getting ready for work. I knew i couldn't leave the shop with no employees and my coworker had morning classes so I'd have to head back.

That was when i realized i was still in the same clothes i had been since yesterday. A oversized Hatsune Miku t-shirt i bought at a thrift store, baggy ripped jeans, a white and black checkered belt, a black zip up hoodie, and black high-top converse. Well fuck i can't walk into work wearing the same thing i wore yesterday, especially not after walking around for hours in it.

I grabbed my journal and wrote for a portal that leads me back into my apartment and doesn't close till i want it to. Once again a portal opened up beneath me and i fell onto my hardwood floor.

I only had about thirty minutes to get ready so first i reached into the portal and grabbed my bag and Cheesestick. I set Cheesestick down in my apartment and let him wander around exploring it.

Next i grabbed a piece of paper and a pen. I quickly drew a stick figure and a portal and motioned that the stick figure went in. 'I went back to my realm through a portal.' Then i drew a clock next to it and a stickman coming back out of the portal. 'I'll be back after some time.' I placed the note on my futon and let the portal close.

There was no time to shower completely so i just quickly washed my body in about five minutes and got out and dried myself.

I then picked out some clothes from my wardrobe. A gir hoodie, a plain black oversized t-shirt, a green and black checkered belt, baggy grey jeans and bright green vans. I put some kandi bracelets on and grabbed my mask. I jogged over to my kitchen, grabbed my bag that had the journal, and my keys.

I quickly pet Cheesestick and left my apartment, making sure to lock it. I ran down the stairs and hopped onto my motorcycle. I turned the ignition on and left for work.

I checked in to the shop with about three minutes to spare to my relief. Eda walked out and greeted me. She was always here considering the antique shop was a part of her actual home. She lived upstairs and the shop was downstairs. I decided to tell her about the journal though, afterall i knew i could obviously trust since she gave me the journal.

"Hey Eda could i talk to you for a moment?"

"Of course y/n, what do you need?"

"Okay so I'm going to come clean and say that I honestly did not believe you about the journal at first."

She laughed at my predicament, "Don't worry y/n i thought the exact same thing when my mother gave me the journal at first." I smiled a bit embarrassed at her reply.