CH: 25

Shasha

We entered and he was still holding my hand, his hand was giving me the warmth I needed right now, I was getting nervous, I was feeling anxious, because we were going to talk to our parents about us. Both my parents and his parents will be there, and I can't make a single mistake, how am I supposed to stay calm, this is nerve-wracking. I felt my hands sweating, I wanted to pull my hands away from his so that he won't feel uncomfortable. But he didn't leave my hand, I looked at him, "it's fine" and he smiled. I was about to say something, but we stopped infront of the reception. "There was a private booking under, Mr. Choi"

"yes sir, please this way" and the lady started taking us to the private room. As we were walking toward the private room, I was getting more and more nervous. I've been overthinking ever since they told us they will talk about us and it was in my mind since last two days, I was nervous because I've no idea how to face everyone and talk to them about 'us'. What are even we just in the name of a couple?

"This room sir" the lady bowed and left, I looked at him, "it's going to be okay" I took a deep breath and he slid the door of the room.

I saw four of them seated and talking happily, mum looked so happy. Four of them turned towards us, I felt their stares and then stares travelling down to our hands, I quickly let go of his hands, which were holding mine tightly. I saw his mum chuckle, I had this urge to apologize to her, "I'm sorry" I bowed down in embarrassment, and they all laughed out, "it's okay take a seat Shasha" she smiled at me. I smiled at her and looked at him, he looked like he was trying to suppress his laugh. I wanted to glare at him, and wipe that smile from his face but then being a modest daughter, I went to sit. "You too Seungcheol" I looked at his mom. She was way too kind like usual.

"We already ordered, do you want to order something more? Or both of you are fine with what we did?" it was his dad who spoke, "it's fine with me" I gave him a smile, "me too" I looked at him, he looked so calm and composed.

"So, can we get down to talk since two of you are here?" both of us nodded at the same time.

"Seungcheol didn't discuss anything about proposing to you at the wedding, I remember Seungcheol telling us a few days before Jeonghan's wedding, that he brought a ring and after a few days this ring will be on the owner's fingers. We never had any problem with Seungcheol choosing his girl because we know his choice would be right, so here you are Shasha, as the owner of the ring Seungcheol brought that day. You're the owner of this ring and his heart." Something inside me wanted to smile but something inside me hit me hard, I may be the owner of this ring right now but I wasn't the owner of his heart it was someone else, and that someone else is my own sister. I was sitting infront of my love's parents and discussing about our marriage; I should be happy. I smiled at everyone, I looked at him, he was looking at me intensely and I couldn't read him.

"Shasha, Seungcheol I must ask both of you as a parent, are you two sure about this and will this marriage make you happy? because marriage is something, that will tie you in a bond, a scared bond. And we would never want you both to get into a marriage without thinking or as a wrong step if you're not ready. If you want to take time, take your time but after everything, we would like to know what you think about each other and this marriage. Because if you agree on this marriage here, then we have something in our mind. So please tell us what you think?"

"Shasha, we love you and there's no way we won't respect your decision no matter how much we love our son Seungcheol, so love please tell me what you think?" Seungcheol's mum looked so humble, everything looked so fast and I was feeling overwhelmed, I wanted to stay true to myself and think about what I felt, for a minute I wanted to be selfish and wanted to tell how I feel... how I feel because I love him and yes, I wanted to spend my life with him even after knowing everything, happy? I don't even know what will happen to me but I was ready to be with him. I was starting to unfold me. I looked at him, before speaking.