Bad Influence

"Oh, apparently, Claire's the queen. But, yes, Jim wins the challenge! Mole Mania is the theme, but if I see one drop of mud on my gymnasium floor- Just dress like normal!" Angel chuckled as Toby gave Jim a thumbs up. But Coach Lawrence soon cleared his throat, catching everyone's attention as he spoke again.

"There has been a sudden departure. I have heard word that Principal Levit has taken an indefinite leave of absence. We wish him well. But he sent an e-mail recommending an interim replacement, which we all support. Please welcome Principal Strickler!"

Angel sat up at the name and tensed. She refused to run right now, willing herself to leave when everyone else did. No one clapped but Eli, cheering for him like it was a great thing he was back. Strickler grabbed the mic and looked back at Jim and Toby, before turning to the crowd.

"I'm very glad to be back and excited to get started," he said to everyone, but his eyes seemed to train on Angel. The fleeting kindness she had seen before was gone, replaced by a wicked grin.. "But let it be known, with me in charge, things are going to change."

. . .

A week passed with no real problems other than the tension between those three and Strickler. Jim would often glare at him, or have a painfully forced smile plastered on his face. Claire and Toby did as well, but with nowhere near the passion Jim did. And Angel...

Angel couldn't help but get jumpy around him. And getting sent to his office after trying to simply deliver some papers from the office as a favor after saying "Shut your hole" to Steve at the same time as Jim. How was she supposed to know the puns that were happening?

Strickler had the decency to not come after her in full and find her later on to tell her she was pardoned from her detention. She could only nod and back away after.

A couple days later, Angel found out by accident that she could use magic again, forgetting that she wasn't supposed to when she knocked over a stack of books and instinctively used a levitation spell to catch them. It scared Douxie half to death and he still refused to teach her more spells.

Upset and annoyed, Angel went through her day at school, only noting that Toby was floating at the flagpole but doing nothing since Claire was handling it proving that Jim had finally told her. That and her phone buzzed as she was heading back to class.

Hey, was Douxie's text.

At school. Can't talk now.

Come to the side of school

What part of at school, can't talk now, didn't you understand?

Just come on. It'll be fun, love

Fine 🙄

😋

So avoiding the Touch-a-Truckathon in the front and Mary as she ran to the bathroom, Angel made her to the side of the school. Douxie was leaning against his motorcycle with a knowing smirk on his face.

"What's so important to make me late for fifth?" Angel joked, but secretly she was glad to miss it. After all, she never liked algebra all that much.

"I was thinking. You and I need a break from the troubles of the world," Douxie said, hopping onto his motorcycle and gesturing for her to get on the back.