Boys/Girls Night

(Inspired by samrobac on Tumblr.)

"I'm not a soolian, Zadra," Krel told her as he readied his bag to head to Steve's house. How he was talked into that, he had no idea. "I have my serrator and my communicator and my phone. Douxie will be there and so will Toby."

"To be absolutely clear, this is the actual overnight sleeping ritual and not some rescue of a confessed traitor, correct?" Zadra asked as Krel walked to the door. Varvatos growled at her but continued watching his game shows. Krel rolled his eyes.

"Yes, Zadra. You can follow us if you want to be absolutely sure. Speaking of us- hurry up Aja!"

"Krel, give me a secton!" The girl yelled back from her room, earning an annoyed groan.

"We're going to be late!"

"One secton!"

"It's already been two sectons!"

"Be patient little brother!"

"Ay ay ay..."

. . .

"I can't believe you talked me into this," Douxie said as he tried his best to sneak a cookie off the pan as Angel started getting some of the sodas and other snacks set up for her 'girls night'. She immediately shut it down by smacking his hand.

"Stop it, this isn't the Camelot kitchens," she scolded lightly before continuing on with her set up.

"No, the chefs always let me have stuff," Douxie muttered so low that Angel didn't hear him.

"It was likely only because you looked like you needed it desperately," Archie commented from his perch above on the fridge. Douxie only glared a moment before turning back to Angel.

"We need a break," she said simply, finishing up her neat and perfect arrangement. It took Douxie a second to realize she was answering his earlier question. "After the Eternal Night, the Akkiridian armada almost invading Earth, and my possession- we just need a break from things magical and alien."

Douxie hesitated for a moment before sighing and just hugging her. She returned it, surprised but grateful for it as she buried her head into the crook of his neck with a contented sigh.

He knew she was right. The last few weeks had been hard on them both, so a night not using magic much or talking about possible invasion sounded nice. He really wasn't sure about it being at Steve's house.

Douxie forgot about that little fact for a moment as Angel pulled away enough to look into her eyes. Her smile was soft, relaxed, and just plain relieved. He brushed some of her hair out of her face, his hand lingering on her face.

He didn't even realize that he pulled her in, but she didn't protest when their lips met. It was a slow-moving thing, so tender. Angel's hands had already moved to his chest and ended up clenching her fists in his shirt.

A minute later they pulled away, much to the gratitude of the animals in the room. Angel chuckled at the annoyed chirping of Flapjack and Douxie glared at the mutterings of Archie.

. . .

Steve had everything ready for the night. Snacks, a good movie list with both horror and action, blankets and pillows, all that he could think of. Eli and Aja had ganged up on him to invite more than just his Creepslaying partner to the sleepover. Eli said he wanted to hang out with Toby and Krel more and Aja asked about him inviting Douxie so they could have a girl's night themselves.