A Baby-What?

(Inspiration taken from Supernatural Season 6, Episode 2. Also, can you tell I'm obsessed with this boy?)

Douxie really hadn't meant to start a near make-out session, but with the random kisses to her face going all over, it was inevitable that he would hit her lips.

And then it sort of just kept going, so deeply that they both forgot about Zoe and Jack being there until a cleared throat got their attention. Their red faces weren't just because of the kiss.

Now on patrol with her after weeks of refusing to even let her use magic without a fight, the threat of her going on her own, Douxie was more anxious than normal. And it didn't help what they were possibly hunting.

"You are sure it was a Heetling?" Archie asked as he jumped from dumpster to dumpster, cringing at every step.

"That's what a floating ball of fire going after what was said to be the most precious item from each of the victims is," Angel said, squriting water bottle at the ready. "Oh, and the fact that every one of them had a burn on the back of their right palm. And the attacks only happened at night."

"Hmm. You know your monsterology." Archie looked proud of her, meanwhile Douxie looked confused.

"How did you learn about all that from an offhanded comment from Darcy?" He asked and she suddenly got quiet. Douxie glared suspiciously. "Angel, what did you do?"

"Well..." she trailed, refusing to walk directly next to him or look at him. She was feigning watching her surroundings in full, but of course her face flushed as she tensed. The graffiti of the alley seemed so interesting at the moment. "Mary, happened to be one of the victims, as I found out when we washed Mr. Uhl's truck the other day. Then Darci mentioned that her dad was working on other cases similar.

"So... I.... may have skipped school to follow him around and look at the police reports."

"What?!"

"Shhh!! You'll scare the heetling!"

"Do you realize how, well, illegal, that is?"

"I was invisible! And I didn't talk or make any noises." That was a bit of lie. While following Detective Scott down a hallway, she had sneezed causing him to look directly at her. Thankfully he shrugged it off.

"Still, if you had lost focus for even a second-"

"I didn't!"

"But if you had-"

"I wouldn't have!"

"How do you know?"

"Because Zoe is a strict about focus and keeping aware of my surroundings at all times. Happy?" As the words left her mouth, she stopped, tensing again. She dared a glance at a similarly frozen Douxie, his expression a mix between anger and hurt but otherwise unreadable.

Even Archie, who had stopped a bit back, stopped looking so proud. "Douxie, I- ow!" A burning sensation came quickly to her right hand, making her drop the bottle of water. The water was boiling, melting the plastic.

They had drawn the heetling out, at least.

In quick succession, little balls of flame started coming at them from all angles. Angel was a quick draw with the defense as Douxie used a rope to pull Archie to him right as the magic shield covered them.