How Many Times Is The World Gonna End?

"Sorry I haven't called in awhile," Jim said, his phone on speaker. With being a troll, that was a requirement to be able to hear and talk at the same time.

Angel laughed. "It's fine. I know you don't get a lot of downtime. Though, you really need to call your mother."

"Merl doesn't exactly believe in it, and I already did.."

"Good. I know Douxie has said a lot about the whole no downtime thing- Don't say anything to him, but I think that's the real reason he has two jobs. He's even talking about getting another at HexTech."

"Really? After being around for centuries, I'd expect to have more saved up."

"Right? And as for having no downtime, I feel ya there. Along with work, Mama Skull, patrol, and shooting that movie with Toby, I barely have enough time to eat, let alone sleep."

Jim chuckled as she mentioned the film again, but asked about how patrol was going. She told him that she and Toby were dealing with the heetlings again while Douxie was investigating other rumors that he had heard with Zoe.

"Sounds like you guys-"

"What the hell!?" Angel shouted. Jim tensed. "I- i gotta go!"

"Angel, wait!" The call ended.

. . .

"Eli, I'm looking for absolute terror, alright?" Toby said as he pointed for Luug to go back to his mark. "Not.. whatever you were just doing."

Eli's face fell slightly. "I thought I was."

"Yeah, I didn't get that. Now, get back to your mark!" Eli groaned but did as directed. "Annnndd- Action!"

Eli ran like he had the night of meeting his first bounty hunter, screaming like a maniac for everyone to run. After tripping intentionally, but scraping his elbow, he turned and screamed. Toby smiled as he swirled the camera around to Luug, who howled.

"Never to worry, young homosapien!" Krel yelled as he flew over a building and being silloutted by the moon for a second before landing next to Eli. "DJ Kleb is here to- Seklos and Galen!"

"Uh, don't think that line will play Krel," Toby said as he moved the camera to where Krel's gaze fell. "What are you looking at-" he stopped talking as he saw a projectile shooting from the atmosphere.

Krel yelled something and pushed the two out of the way. The projectile scraped the top of a building, hit some trees before hitting a car and flipping it over in a firy explosion. As Krel got up to investigate a crater now in the earth, the wind picked up and extinguished the flames before they spread. Flapjack came flying in, cutting off the ones that were already spreading.

"What's going on?" Angel asked as she ran to join Krel. The glowing ball looked like pure magma. Angel gasped.

"Please tell me that is a magic thing," Krel begged. "Because if not..."

Eli told Toby at the same time, "Tell me you got that on tape." Toby fist bumped him, to Angel, Flapjack, and Krel's disappointment.

. . .

As Mother scanned the debris, Flapjack came in with Douxie and Arch. The bird perched on her shoulder moodily, turning his beak up. Angel pet him gently, Flapjack jumping before realizing what she was doing.