Safe And Sound

(A/N I am editing past chapters while I am continuing on. Small things will likely be changed, not plot wise; just extra foreshadowing and cleanup. If I make a big change, I will let ya'll know if any huge chunks are edited with an (Edited) in the title. First on my list is A Thousand Years for obvious reasons.)

Krel hated that he couldn't do anything to help Douxie. Aja had gone in simply because she was closer with Angel and was better at close combat...

And he didn't feel right going into his friend's memories like that. It felt like an invasion of privacy. So he went back to Mother to work on the wormhole awhile. There was nothing else he could do. At the moment, he had to make one more adjustments. He had even turned off his music to make sure he didn't have any distractions-

"You have a friend at the door," Mother said, making Krel jump.

"Mother!" he scolded as he picked up his wrench. "I asked you to not interrupt me!"

"Sorry my royal, but this friend is insistantly asking to see you."

Krel sighed as he began working again. "Who is it? Is it Toby or Eli?" A small part of him hoped that she would say Douxie was there, all better and not possed. Unfortunately that was too much to hope for.

"No actually- It's Mary Wang." he dropped the wrench again, this time on on his foot. As he was nursing his wound, Mother continued. "I thought you said she never got your name right."

"She doesn't. It's always 'Karl this' or 'Caleb that'- she doesn't care about learning my name just like she doesn't care about me."

"Really? Because she asked for 'Krel' when she spoke to Lucy."

Krel scoffed. Mother brought up the video feed from the living room. Mary was sitting on the couch, not on her phone for once. She was checking her hair in the reflection of the TV, messing with her hair over and over. She looked so different than she normally did, not behind her phone. She seemed nervous.

"Well, either way I'm too busy right now. Send her home or something while I finish our  way home."

"My royal, if I may?" Krel glared as he went back to work, but nodded. "Even if you finish this tonight, there is no guarantee that we'll be able to contact the resistance right away. There is also the problem that your sister is-"

"Don't!" he snapped, causing Mother's interface to back up. Krel sighed. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. It's just that right now, this is a problem that I can solve. Not the one that my best friend going through."

"But you can't just sit here and wait for news all night. It is not good for your mental health."

"Yeah? Watch me." A sigh followed a door closing told him all he needed to know. But even so, he couldn't help but look at the living room feed again, seeing Mary be disapointed by Ricky and walking out with her head hung. Krel looked to the machine in his hands then back to her. "Ay ay ay..."

. . .

Douxie knew it was a loop by now. He first realized that little fact after he found himself walking side by side with his friends again, unhurt and not frozen in stone. The first time, he only had a vague sense of deja'vu, like he had just woken up from a bad dream.

The second and third time had him wondering which part was the dream and which was reality. The fourth time however was when he remembered what exactly happened to him.

"-so he can kick this dumbass demon out!" He whipped his head to the space next to him. Angel was there, faded and tranclucent like a ghost flickering in and out of existance; not like any of the times before. Her eyes widened as she saw him recognize her, the real her. "You can hear me! I'm ri-" she disappeared again, but he felt phantom fingers brush his hand.