Electric!

The first bit of the lesson with Archie was just a rehash of something she knew already. That repeat sleep spells could cause sever memory loss of the caster and anyone associated with them. And the idea that other similar spells could have the same consequences as well.

She finally got excited when he continued on to a topic she'd been waiting for for awhile.

"Spell circles," Archie started, walking on his hind legs on the coffee table in front of a whiteboard. It had different circles with runes and symbols. Douxie had set it all up before he went to work, his handwriting perfect. She could never be that neat. "Like incantations, specifically the Tenebris excelium incantation, can enhance a spell."

"How do I- you're about to get to that, aren't you?" Angel muttered excitedly at first, then nervously at Archie's glare. That and he might still be mad that she had been the reason for him getting woken up by ten air horns the other day. How was she supposed to know the boys, not Douxie as he was well asleep at the time, would retaliate like that?

"Yes, I am. But first you must learn the different types and what they help with specifically. Now then, the long ones that look like roads are to help uncover and make hidden sigils, or to simply make the spell stronger. However, those are the hardest to manifest and take years of practice.

"So, what you are to focus on are these-" he pointed to the regular circle ones with a square in the middle and four spaces around that- "they are beginners, but also very powerful and versatile. You can add any combination of runes to it, so they can fit any-"

"Hey, I did it!" Angel exclaimed, moving her hand around experimentally. Archie looked back in both curiosity and annoyance, immediately ducking down upon seeing the rune that was in all four spots.

"Yes you did- now undo it!" Archie yelled. Angel tilted her head in confusion as she held her hand up, pointing towards the ceiling.

"Why do I need to- shit!" Angel hadn't noticed that it was glowing brighter and brighter until the beam of red shot up and she felt rush of lightning go down her arm. The circle disappeared as bits of the ceiling started falling on her head. "Ow! God damnit! I'm guessing that's why. Ow..." Angel knocked the dust off of her head and looked up. It was dripping slightly, due to a surprise rainstorm yesterday.

"Flux runes are meant to be added strength, not used by themselves."

"I gathered that." Angel rubbed her arm, the pain replaced by a tingling sensation. "I should probably study runes next, huh?"

"Very good idea, only rivaled by the one that you should go to the roof and fix it."

"Yeah, yeah," Angel muttered as she teleported up there, thankful that one of the spells she'd been practicing for five years was a repair one. Just as she was about to put the final touches on the repairs, a shout from beside her startled her. Aja had somehow gotten right next to her, nearly falling on her. "Oh, hey Aja."

"Princess Aja, you must pay attention to your surroundings," Zadra ordered her charge as she landed next to her.

"What's going on?" Angel asked standing up and leaving her repair project alone.

"We're training right now," Aja explained, then smiled brightly. "Do you wish to join us? I hear you talking about how you want different teachers and perspectives in your own. Also, Zadra might go easier on me if you're around." The last part was whispered behind one of her hands.

"I heard that," Zadra said making Angel chuckle and Aja elbow her for her troubles. "And if she joins us in our training, I will not go easy on her either."

"Don't expect ya too," Angel answered with a smirk, earning one back from the Akkiridians. She quickly teleported back inside to tell Arch where she was going and change her shoes into a better suited pair for the task at hand.