A Mind Divided

(I'll tell you when to play the song and I'll put lyrics down for the best experience on reread. Also, it turned out to only be the sinus infection. Not monkey pox, not covid. Just me being worried for nothing.)

"Dude, that is not what you told me!" Angel protested, pointing accusingly at the man.

"What did he tell you?" Blinky asked, likely surprised that he had said anything to her.

"He let me believe that they would just need them for just battling Gunmar and Angor, not Morgana!"

"I will be battling Morgana with the help of the Trollhunter," Merlin stated as a fact. Angel and Blinky had matching glares towards the old man.

"What about Gunmar? We can't just let him run loose in Arcadia, let alone that witch!" Flapjack chirped his agreement and Merlin scoffed.

"She will be released eventually. If not Gunmar, then another monster."

"Let me get this straight," Blinky interrupted. "You want Gunmar to release Morgana?"

"Merlin, I thought you were here to save the world, not destroy it," Toby said indignantly.

"I'm not destroying the world, I'm risking it!" Merlin defended. Angel scoffed and crossed her arms.

"Like that's so much better," she shot back sarcastically. He ignored her but an emotion akin to that which only comes with time, flashed in his eyes.

"The world harbors greater dangers, not just the ones in your little town."

"Woah, what dangers?" Toby asked.

"You could not hope to understand." Angel's eyes snapped to him and she growled.

"What don't you try us instead of assuming what we'd be able to understand?" She blurted out louder than she meant. A few things began floating in her blind anger.

"Jim, Jim?" Claire said, turning around to try and get his attention. Jim finally snapped out his stupor to pay his full attention to the conversation.

"You wanna weigh in here?" Toby urged. "Merlin just dropped the bomb that we have to let Morgana loose!"

"Wait, he destroyed my Vespa," Jim said simply, pointing to the scraps of it. Or not, Angel thought as she watched him. His eyes weren't fully focused and his movements were slow.

"He what?" Blinky exclaimed dramatically. "See? Then you must listen to the voice of reason. Mine!"

"Ok, don't use his dissociation for your benefit," Angel said, poking him in the chest. His glare back was simply hiding guilt. "Let him-"

"Gunmar has the Staff of Avalon," Merlin interrupted. "Soon, he will find a way to free her. This is when we strike. Together, we will slay Morgana before the eternal night begins."

"Woah, woah, woah. I'm sorry," Toby shut down. "You Jim to go against Gunmar and Angor Rot and Morgana?!"

"Now is the time to strike. She's been imprisoned for centuries and she will be at her weakest. This is our best chance." Angel hated how he had a point. And what he'd said earlier made sense too; it was the logical and most objective option, or one of the better ones. Just at what cost?