Fear Can Make You Stronger... Albeit Unintentionally

"Angor!" Strickler yelled into the night. "You dare attempt to distort my mind with a pixie?" As Angor laughed, leaving the shadows, Strickler furiously turned to his troll form and turned to him. "The nightmare would scare the ring from my hand?"

With a single punch, Angor was on the ground. It was strong, but he could have easily defended against it if it weren't for that infernal ring.

"You are a dog, and this is your leash! I am your master! Obey my command and kill the Trollhunter and wizards!"

"In that case," Angor growled as he got up. "You might want to avoid that school of yours tomorrow." Strickler changed but didn't leave right away.

"Be careful with the girl wizard and pixies. Her magic is more unstable when her subconscious runs it."

"Like I said before. I shall take them down my way." Strickler huffed and walked off, missing the next words out of Angor's mouth.

"But the ring will be mine...."

. . .

"There's nothing much to tell," Claire admitted to Darci, Mary, and Angel as they stood by their lockers. Angel was smiling at a few pictures of Douxie on her phone. She kept looking at him different ever since they became... whatever they were. "Except, I asked him."

Angel, Mary, and Darci gasped, each different levels of surprise.

"Sweet," Angel said, giving Claire a fist bump.

"Good, girl," Darci clapped. Mary looked as though she were the only sane one.

"Excuse me girls," she interrupted putting her hands on her hips. "Do not celebrate! Educate!"

"What does that mean?" Angel asked, slight glare in her eyes.

"There are rules to being on top of the social food chain. What sort of world do you think we live in?" Mary, Angel, and Darci walked forward, Claire rolling her eyes as Angel and Mary began arguing.

"If only you knew," Claire said before spotting Jim at his locker and waved with a smile, the boy happily waving back. Claire made a strangling motion at the arguing girls, Jim couldn't help but smile bigger.

"So I'm guessing you asked that hot punk rocker boy to pick you up yesterday, huh?" A few minutes into the argument about what girls should or shouldn't do.

"What?" Angel choked, freezing in her place. Whatever rebuttal she had expected after her last comment, it wasn't that.

"I mean yesterday, when you left after lunch. His motorcycle is cool by the way." Mary's stare made Angel's stomach squirm and face heat.

"I- no. I didn't- he- I just went home a little sick. Monthly, ya know." It wasn't a complete lie that she'd told the teachers. It had actually started later that night, one of the only times it had good timing.

"Uh huh," Mary scoffed as she took out her phone. Angel watched curiously as she scrolled through many selfies of herself till one that was familiar came up.

"Mary!"

"What?" Claire asked, looking over friend's shoulder, eyes widening slightly. "Woah. Wait, is that-"