Chapter 48: Nina's Confession

THANK YOU to iForbiddenFruit, loveforever27, marz1442 and XxhavefunxX for your awesome sauce messages!!! I wub you!!! And thanks especially to LittleRubyBoo for making me my EIGHTH banner!! I'm so excited!! I never knew I'd get this much!! Thanks so much, LRB, I love it!!

Sorry to keep you waiting): I've been busy recently. Hope you enjoy!

.:Recap:.

A few minutes later, he released my body and kissed me again gently, letting me collect my clothes. I dressed again, giving him one lingering kiss before returning to my room, buzzing with happiness.

That was some massage...

.:Story Start:.

I got back to my room with that same smile still etched on my face. When I opened the door, to my relief Steph was still asleep, so I quickly pulled on my pyjamas and darted into bed, pretending to be asleep. I was so tired that I almost slept anyway. A few minutes later, I heard Steph yawn and pull herself out of bed, before heading into the bathroom. I snuggled into my pillow, half asleep, still smiling as I imagined Zack holding me again.

Steph returned from the bathroom a couple of minutes later and I heard her walk across the room, in my direction. I was facing away from her, so I frowned, knowing she couldn't see me. What was she doing? I wondered. I felt her presence stand above me, and I had to fight to keep my breathing even and believable.

"Jessica Johnson, you are not the only one who knows how to fake sleeping," Steph said sternly. I didn't even bother carrying on with my charade - I knew I was screwed, in more ways than one. I groaned and rolled over, and our eyes met. We stared at each other for a few long seconds, before I smirked and said,

"Hey, it's not like I'm the only one,"

She turned bright red and I smirked, pulling myself out of bed.

"Come on," I said, rolling my eyes. "Let's go,"

"Fine, but I dibs telling the girls!" she exclaimed, and I groaned, only agreeing on the terms that I got to tell them about her and Jared.

We exited the room in our pyjamas, me still in a great mood, with Steph teasing me all the way downstairs. We arrived in the dining hall and we made a truce not to tell until we were all in a girl's room, and we approached the table. My eyes scanned the chairs before I met the ones I wanted to see; the same ocean blue ones I had woken up to this morning. My cheeks warmed slightly but I ignored it as I sat down beside him, Steph sitting beside Jared and winking at me. I kicked her under the table, but missed and I saw Jared wince.

I was about to say sorry before I got distracted by a hand running up and down my thigh, gentle and warm. I shot Zack a glance and he smirked at me, not stopping. I rolled my eyes and had to fight the urge to jump on him - it would be impolite at breakfast. Maybe later, I reflected, smiling slightly. Steph caught my smile and smirked at me, so I glared at her.

Going through breakfast was tough - Zack's hand getting closer and closer to the top of my legs was very distracting. But I managed to make it through breakfast before hastily standing up and following the girls to our dorm. On the way, Steph hinted that we had 'news', and so of course Lucy and Michelle were hooked. I was pretty sure Nina knew us well enough to know what was going on.

We went into mine and Steph's dorm, before situating ourselves into a circle and looking at each other sombrely. Steph and I exchanged a glance, and I took a deep breath, before telling Steph to go first as she had 'been' first. She sighed and admitted that she had slept with Jared, and I also admitted last night's happenings shortly afterwards.