Chapter 14: Wet people, wet snow, wet clothes...or lack thereof.

I know this chapter title is similar to another one, but I thought it suited it perfectly! And a big thanks to all who have messaged me about this story!

{~Jess POV~}

How did I let myself fall for him so easily? I should hate him. I do hate him. But earlier...

"...Jess? Jess?" I snapped out of it and looked at Steph, who was calling my name.

"Yeah?"

"You totally spaced out, dude!" she said, wiping her hands on her jeans after hanging up her wet stuff in the bathroom. "What's the matter? You seem kind of...distant. And fairly annoyed with yourself."

"I'm fine," I lied, standing up off my bed. "Just a little tired, that's all."

"Yeah, yeah. That's what they all say." She said in a disbelieving tone. I rolled my eyes and playfully flipped her off. She pouted but before she could chase me round the dorm I shut myself in the bathroom. I sighed, sitting on the lid of the toilet seat and watched my coat drip onto the cold white tiles of the bathroom. I let my thoughts wander back to about half an hour ago. He only wanted to get in his bed. He probably made up that sob story. I closed my eyes, ignoring Steph's hammering on the door.

"Jay, don't make me come in there!!" she said threateningly. I glared at the door.

"Leave me alone," I said, standing up.

"Aha! So there is something up," she said. I sighed again and sat down on the floor next to the door, leaning against the wall. "JJ, you can tell me, you know," she said quietly. I sighed and reached up, unlocking the door. She opened it and stepped in to see me on the floor. She walked in front of me and sat the other side. I closed my eyes.

"Promise me you won't hate me or tell anyone apart from Nina," I said, looking into her bright green eyes.

"...that bad?" she asked, slinging an arm round my shoulders. I nodded. "Promise," she said. I told her. I told her everything, about the conversation, about the hug and about the moment of realization at the end. She just looked at me.

"You're too nice for your own good," she said, smiling. I chuckled weakly. "So, shall we tell her now?" she said, and I nodded. We stood up and left together, right across the corridor to their room. Steph knocked, and I leaned against the wall with my hands in my pockets. We heard muffled footsteps, then the door opened very slightly, revealing a pair of dark brown eyes peering out of the crack between the door and the frame. I raised an eyebrow.

"Come in," said Nina, beckoning us in. Me and Steph exchanged suspicious glances before entering.

"What's with all the privacy?" I asked, sitting on her bed. She looked at me. Madeline, Lucy and Michelle all looked at me. Steph was the only one who didn't - she was as confused as I was.

"Nina told us what happened earlier," said Lucy, who was standing opposite me. I looked blankly at her for a moment, before realizing Nina must have followed me after I fell...

"Nice job at plan B, but I think the whole hugging thing ruined it!" said Nina, pulling me into a hug of her own.

"So...you guys aren't mad?"

"We were, before Nina told us you shouted at him after."

"You should've seen his face!" exclaimed Nina, smiling. I smiled too, knowing what brilliant friends I had.

"So...what's with all the privacy?" asked Steph. Nina and the others exchanged dark glances. I raised an eyebrow. Nina sighed.

"I wasn't the only one watching..." I frowned. Uh oh. This can't be good. Nina took a deep breath. "...Jamie did too," she said. Dead silence followed her words as Steph looked at me.