Chapter 1: Spencer Richmond

Here's hoping version II is a million times better :)

Edit: I've been getting quite a few comments telling me that the story is 'stupid' and 'immature'. I just want to point out that I am aware of this; you really shouldn't expect much from this series, I started writing it when I was about twelve or thirteen. I had no idea about anything back then; about relationships, sex, friendships and enemies like I've included in this story. It's not realistic, it's not very good characterisation; it does get better, because this story went on for so long that my writing style changed completely, but it's still a bit silly and VERY cliche and the characters do and think a lot of stupid things. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from reading it; be my guest, but please keep the above things in mind if you do choose to venture into Jess and Spencer's world. 

Thank you!

.:Story Start:. (its weird doing that without a recap)

A cool November breeze ruffled my side fringe as I sat on a bench with my head in my hand, talking and laughing with my two childhood best friends, engraving my name - Jess Johnson - into the bench with a pen.

"Yeah, then he was all, Miss, that totally wasn't my fault...!" I laughed as Steph recounted her second lesson, before noticing the absence of my other best friend's laughter. I glanced to the side and raised my eyebrows at Nina, who was sat gazing at a large group of people near the football stadium.

"Hey, Nina. Nina!" said Steph, as I shook her arm. Nina jolted out of her trance gaze and blinked a few times.

"What?" she asked, and I rolled my eyes.

"You were staring. Again." I replied.

"Uh...right...yeah...sorry..." She stared back at the group of people clustered around, and Steph and I exchanged knowing looks. We didn't yet know who she was staring at, but we knew why. Nina had a crush.

The bell suddenly rang, a shrill, irritating, groan inducing sound that all teenagers hated, and we began to head inside to study during free period.

We were in an English boarding school somewhere near London and it was pretty expensive, but neat. It was large with a few buildings; two for dorms, three large ones for classrooms and one for the dining hall, not to mention the sports facilities, theatre (for drama productions) and games rooms.

Steph and Nina had been my best friends for years, but Steph especially, as we grew up together, living across the road from one another before she moved a little further away. Nina emigrated from South Africa when we were 8. We met at school and stayed friends ever since.

"Professor Ellis is going to kill me if I don't do my biology," I groaned, suddenly remembering as I saw our familiar group of friends walking towards the science block. My friends gave me sympathetic looks.

"OK, I'll help." said Steph. I smiled gratefully and Nina disappeared to her dorm which she shared with another girl, while Steph and I dispersed to our own.

Our dorm was right at the end of the corridor. When you wentin, a floor-to-ceiling window was wherethe wall should have been, with a doorleading to abigbalcony, with a view of the volley ball and tennis courts, and the swimming pool, with the football field far over to the left.

My bed was on the right hand side, and Steph's on the left. We had four posters with the curtain things. Our room was painted lilacand the four posters were a kind of faded plum colour with gold patterns. The carpet was the same colour as the walls.

Between the window and the beds, one on each side, was a desk for homework, and a walk-in wardrobebetween the desk and the bed.On both sides of the room were en-suite bathrooms, nothing particularly fancy other than the bath which doubled up as a Jacuzzi and was circular with steps leading up to it.