Chapter 19: Relief

{~Spencer POV~}

"Thanks," she said, and walked away, smiling. I too went back to my dorm, waiting for Jamie to come back as she inevitably would. I was having second thoughts about her again...she was clingy and cruel. If she got too clingy and cruel, she'd have to go. I was about to put on my iPod when I heard Jamie's voice down the corridor. But what she was saying was not to my taste...at all.

"...Yeah, I'm gonna say that, I mean, I have to think of some way to get rid of him. He's been all over Jess, and to top it off it would hurt her even more..."

"Don't you think she's learned her lesson, yet, Jamie? She's lost all of her friends..."

"She deserves this, and anyway, it's the only plausible explanation for me breaking up with him because everybody knows he's got a thing for her..." I balled my fists. I didn't know for sure what she was planning but I had a pretty good idea. I pretended to have been listening to my iPod the whole time as Jamie walked in, bouncing. I fought back a grimace.

"Hii Spenceeer!!" she said in a falsely cheery voice. I couldn't hold it in any longer. I didn't want to have false rumours spread about me, and something told me I shouldn't let Jamie get to Jess again.

"Hello, Mrs It's the only plausible explanation for me breaking up with him because everybody knows he's got a thing for her. Your voice isn't exactly quiet, you know. Next time you plot about stuff I recommend you do it quietly ad in the girls' dorms, rather than right outside the person's room." She stared at me, knowing she was busted the moment I repeated her phrase from earlier. "And don't bother with the rumour, I'm going to break up with you anyway, and then tell the school it's not true because they'll believe me if I tell them, simply because I boast about everyone I sleep with and so they'll know it was all just a rumour," she stared at me for a few seconds, then grimaced. "And for the record, Jamie...I'm breaking up with you, as of here and now. Goodbye." I mentioned the last part after remembering Jess's words - I don't even know why I was with her in the first place. She instantly went for the sympathy mode, but I ignored her as I led her out of the room. She stormed down the corridor and I smirked, setting about making things right in the Jess department.

Finding her friends would be difficult, but I'm sure it could be managed. There was no way in hell I was checking the girls dorms, as they would all freak because they're the only ones idiotic enough to not sleep with me. So, I checked the boys dorms. As far as I could remember, they were next to each other on the floor above, but I couldn't remember which ones. I grimaced, knocking on a random door. To my relief, Forest opened it, his dark dreadlocks hiding his raised eyebrows as he spotted me.

"Hey..."

"What d'you want?" The other three boys appeared beside him, glaring at me.

"I supposed Steph told you what Jamie told her," I started. They all nodded, now curious. "It is true. All of it. I told her myself." They looked at me and then laughed. I grimaced. Not going to work. "OK, whatever. Can you tell me where the girls are?"

"Courtyard," said Max. "But don't sexually harass any of them, they want to be left alone," he sneered, and they closed the door. I felt like punching his face in as I heard raucous laughter from the other side, but contained my anger as I steamed down the corridor.

I stepped out into the courtyard and saw them all instantly near a tree. I was actually hoping to get Nina by herself so I could talk to her, and to my luck, she announced to her friends,

"Need a piss, see you in a bit," and waved, jogging into the building, obviously cold. Her long braided black hair blew behind her as she ran, and I only had to walk quickly to keep up. The joys of being fit.