Chapter 31: Again? Really, Vanessa?

I couldn't think of anything to put in this chapter, so it's really, really filler-ish, OK? Sorry, it must be one of the worst chapters. But yeah. It's short, and crap. I hope you like the next one better. Onwards!

Soon, though, the holidays were over and I was back at school with my best friends. I noticed Jamie was giving me more evils than usual...which was a lot of evils. And I mean a lot. Seriously, Darth Vader could not have given me more evils than that girl.

I also noticed that Spencer was being nicer to me since Easter. I had a feeling it was to do with the fact that he had been nice to me (well, ignored me) before Easter and as a result I almost kissed him. So now he thinks I will fall for his 'nice' charm. Yeah, good luck, man whore.

Or maybe....maybe he was genuinely being nice. He had been nice before, now he was bringing it out all on his own. I was still going to have to try and eliminate Mr Player out of him, though.

I had already relayed the turns of events at Easter in my dorm to my friends and Tina, etc, etc. They were all relieved at the news, even Tina - although she still liked Jamie, she didn't believe it was fair on Tommy. I was now sat discussing Spencer in my room with Steph and Nina.

"Maybe he can be nice all by himself, I don't know, what do you think? Should I try and-"

"No," Steph cut me off. "Face it, Jess. He's probably trying to get you in his bed, as always. I know you're trying to see the good in him, but this is going a teeny bit too far. Sure, if he can be nice on his own, great, but don't try and get involved,"

"Jess, you have to understand that not everyone can be eternally nice like you," said Nina, smiling sadly at me. "He's, well, Spencer, and, well....you know what I mean."

I sighed. They were right. I was getting too involved with this. He probably was just trying to get me in his bed. Wasn't he?

{~Spencer POV~}

I was trying to be nice to Jess now, like Jared had instructed me. I don't think it would make her see I wasn't the heartless jerk she thought I was, though. I was capable of having feelings, I just chose not to show them. Jamie was so different before, she was so...so...nice, loving, thoughtful. The complete opposite of now. That was why I fell in love with her, but then she broke my heart.

Before I could wallow on my further clichés - for we all know mine is the traditional cliché story - Jared walked into the room. I took this opportunity to ask him what the hell I was going to do about Jess. I told him, like, everything.

"Dude," I said, "this whole 'Jess' thing is not working," I leaned against the wall where I was standing after finishing unpacking, sighed, and closed my eyes. I heard him cross the room and sit on his bed. I remained standing, breathing steadily, trying to work out how Jess was different from the other girls.

Any other girl I felt any sort of attraction towards was purely based upon their looks, not their personality. But with Jess...she was just so different. Sure, she was pretty. Perhaps not on the top of the hot list, but it didn't bother me. The only thing that attracted me to her was the fact that she was so nice, even when she had no reason to be nice to me.

I was such an arsehole to her. With all the perverted remarks, hitting on her, etc...she had no reason to be nice to me, like she was those few times. When I had that mental break down when I saw Jamie again. When I was visiting my mother in hospital. And she backed me up at Easter when her cousin tried to penalise me for breaking Jamie's heart, when in fact it was the other way round.

I was suddenly pulled back into reality as I realized I'd been thinking about her all this time. What the hell? Sure, she was nice. But why the hell couldn't I get her off my mind?!