Chapter 5 - Party

I had been sitting in the art room for about an hour now, working on a painting that's already been taking days to finish. I've still got a bit to go before it's complete though. There were a few other people in the art club who were also there. The majority of everyone there had earbuds in, listening to music, which created a silent environment perfect for me to do the little details of this painting without getting distracted. Everything is going perfectly right now. I thought to myself before I got interrupted by the door to the room opening.

"Y/N" I look back to meet the eyes of Oikawa Tooru. What the hell is he doing here?

"Why're you here? Don't you have practice?" I set my paint brush down, disappointed that he broke my focus.

"We're on a break right now. I was bored so I came here." He shrugged.

I sighed, "Are you serious? I'm working. Leave."

"Wow, you're actually working this time," He took a few steps closer to me to get a good look at my painting, "I didn't know you were this good."

"Thanks... now get out."

"At least try to sound appreciative! I gave you a nice compliment!" He whined. I stood up to start pushing him out of the room, but he stopped me.

"Ok, well, I didn't come in here because I was bored. Aya wants to talk to you."

"Why doesn't she just text me...?" I grabbed my phone that was face down on my desk. Turns out there were a few messages, I just didn't notice it since my ringer was off. Some of the texts read, "Y/N COME TO THE GYM" and, "THIS IS IMPORTANT I NEED TO TELL YOU" And more. What could she possibly have to tell me that is so important?

I look up from my phone to face Oikawa again, "Why'd you come here to tell me that?"

"Ouch, do you dislike me that much, Y/N? Well, that's fine. if I was actually bored, you would be the last person I would want to see." He says, "I just offered to deliver the message."

"Ugh, you're so annoying." I made sure to close all my tubes of paint before I went off to the gym. Oikawa waited for me so we could walk together. I don't understand why he would wait, but it doesn't matter.

Once we arrived at the gym, Aya immediately ran toward me and pulled me to the side.

"Y/N, guess what?" She beamed, "The volleyball teams are planning on having a party, like a kick-off to the new season, I guess. And we're allowed to bring a plus one, so you can come!"

"Huh? Why didn't you just text that to me?" I tilted my head slightly.

"I just got really excited! Y/N, we're going to a party with Oikawa! And for you, Iwaizumi!"

"I already told you, me and Iwaizumi are not gonna be a thing" Just as I said that I heard a voice behind me.

"We're not gonna what?" Iwaizumi joins the conversation, raising an eyebrow.

"N-nothing, we're just talking about the party you guys are supposedly having." I speak.

"You gonna come, Y/N?" Oikawa joins as well, "I know Iwa really wants to see you the- "

"Shut your mouth, Shittykawa!" He hits Oikawa's head. So Aya is teasing me about Iwaizumi, and Oikawa is teasing Iwaizumi about me. Just great. The thing is, I don't think I like him. He's obviously a very nice person, and a great friend, also kind of attractive, but I don't think I like him like that. I don't know, maybe that'll change over time.

"Don't feel pressured to go, Y/N" Iwaizumi interrupts my thoughts.

"Thanks, but... I'll probably go" I reply. I'm not a fan of parties. I've only been to a few though so this might be different than the others.

"It'll probably be this weekend, I'll obviously let you know more when I find out" Aya smiles.

"Alright. Anyways I'm gonna go back to work." I wave goodbye to the three and start walking back to the art room. As I arrive at the door of the room, I see a group of girls in there. They're talking to one of the newer members of the art club. They all appear to be first years, and I noticed one of them sitting at my spot.

I walk up to my workplace, "Excuse me."

"Oh sorry! This is your spot, right?" The girl stands up but pauses for a moment after looking at me. "Wait, you're the one who kicked me out of here!"

I stared at her in confusion, completely forgetting the fact that I had kicked Oikawa and this girl out of the art room on the first day.

"Ah... right, I forgot about that." I bluntly say.

"Seriously? You ruined my moment with Oikawa!" She furrows her eyebrows, then sits back down near her friends.

"Whatever, I'm going to the volleyball party this weekend and he's gonna be there. I'll have another moment with him." She states to her friends, but loud enough for me to hear. Usually, I would stay quiet in a situation like this, because I don't like arguing, or starting drama, but this girl and her annoying voice was starting to get on my nerves.

"That's funny, I'm going to that party too." I open my tubes of paint to resume my work, although, I don't know if I'll be able to get much done if this group stays here. "In fact, Oikawa was the one who invited me."

She stares at me in shock, "W-what?"

"I'm kidding. I'm still going to the party though." There, that shut her up. I guess she didn't know how to reply. I could have not said "just kidding", but I didn't want to keep up an unbelievable lie. Like I said before, I'm not about to start drama.

"I can't believe you talked to her like that! She's a third year, y'know? You're so brave!" I overhear the girl that's new to the art club say. All you heard for the next few minutes was their annoying chatter, but eventually, they all left. As well as the rest of the people in the club. It was only me in the room now. I start packing up my stuff once I noticed it was getting dark. I didn't realize I stayed for so long, I lose track of time easily. I decided to check out the gym to see if Aya was still there, maybe we could walk home together.

I approached the gym but didn't hear anything. Only the sound of a ball hitting the floor every few seconds or so. I peeked in and didn't see Aya, or anyone in fact. Only one person was left.

Oikawa.

He was practicing his serves. The extremely powerful ones, like the one he served to me that time we hung out. Except for this time, it looked even more powerful. I watched him serve one last ball before he hunched over, breathing heavily.

"Is he still there?" I heard a voice from behind me, which caused me to jump.

"Sorry, Y/N. I didn't mean to startle you." Iwaizumi chuckles.

"It's all good." I smile. "How come you guys are still here?"

"Oikawa always stays late. It's like he enjoys overworking himself." He sighs, "And why are you still here?"

"I guess I'm the same as him... I usually stay late too, working on my art of course. I was heading out now though."

"Do you need me to walk you home? It's dark after all." He offers.

"I should be fine; my house is only less than ten minutes away. Thanks, Iwaizumi." I assure him, "I'll get going now, see you later!"

"See you, Y/N!" He waves.