Chapter 24 - Suspended

Just like I predicted, once I'm back at school, I'm worried about my sketchbook again. The longer I didn't have it, the more anxious I got. Did somebody mistake it for their own? Did I just misplace it? Anything could have happened.

I was skipping class right now. Well, I went to hide in the bathroom, because I could not focus for the life of me. I know I shouldn't be doing this; I need to suck it up and go to class.

I open the stall door to be greeted by someone I wasn't expecting. It was the girl I kicked out of the art room. She was fixing her hair in the mirror. Surprisingly, she didn't have her group of friends with her. She stared at me through the mirror after she heard the stall open.

"Hey, Y/N," She smiles, "I saw your art, it's super good."

What is she trying to do?

"What, from the vote?" I ask.

"Yeah, and some other stuff. Congrats on winning that, by the way." She continues playing with her hair.

"What other stuff?" I take a step closer to her. Her tone was starting to piss me off.

She smirks, "Just a few sketches."

I grabbed the collar of her shirt and slam her onto the ground, not even giving it a second thought.

"Don't fuck with me." I state, "Did you take my sketchbook?"

She was completely frozen, eyes widened, completely taken aback by my action.

"W-what is your problem?"

"Answer my question please." I say, my expression remaining blank.

"It was just for kicking me out of the art room while I was with Oikawa!" She furrows her eyebrows.

"Oh my fuck, where is it?"

"Ask that weird second year boy in your club. I'm sure you know which one I'm talking about."

Yeah, I do know. My mind immediately went to the boy that entered the vote alongside me and that other girl. Why would she give it to him?

I exit the girl's bathroom, acting as if nothing happened in there. I'll have to talk to that boy after school. I don't know what class he's in, so it's no use looking for him right now.

Shit, I got pretty mad in there... hopefully she'll leave me alone now.

As I was walking to my class, extremely late, I could only hear one voice in the back of my head. My dad.

Don't let your emotions control your actions.

Once again, I'm forgetting my dad's advice. It's hard sometimes, though. It's hard to control my anger, especially if it's about my stolen art. Let's just hope this girl doesn't report me to any of the teachers. I mean, what proof does she have anyway?

"Y/N, where the hell have you been?" Aya asks once she sees me enter the class. Before I could even reply to her, the teacher gives me a lecture. Good thing I walked in on a study period and not a lesson, I would have been in even more shit if it was.

"I was in the bathroom," I say, plopping down at my desk.

"This whole time?" Aya squints her eyes.

I nod, "I was going to skip the whole class, but something got in the way."

"And what would that be?" She questions.

"Last week, I lost my sketchbook. I figured out where it is."

I think so, at least.

. . .

Eating lunch with the volleyball teams is something I neither like nor dislike. I don't do it often, to be honest, I'd rather eat lunch alone, but Aya insisted on me joining them. The two teams sat in their usual spot in the cafeteria. I also sat in my usual spot whenever I ate there, right in between Aya and Iwaizumi. Everything was normal until I felt a tap on my shoulder. I look back to see a girl, who looked to be a first year, along with a couple of other girls behind her.