Chapter 26 - Back again

It was the next week. My suspension was over. There was only a week left until summer break. Hopefully today, I'll find out if I am actually competing in the art competition. It's been killing me, not knowing if I'm going or not.

Walking into the school for the first time in what felt like ages, I was greeted by someone crashing into me with a hug.

"Y/N! I missed you so much, I'm so happy your back!" Aya cheers, almost crying tears of joy.

I pat her head, still in shock from that bone-crushing hug, "Aya, I missed you too."

"Let's head to class, I'm sure Iwaizumi missed you!" She teases.

I smile, rolling my eyes. I'm glad to see my best friend again. Entering the class, I met eyes with Iwaizumi, waiting at his spot.

Once he noticed me, a smile grew on his face, "Y/N, long time no see!"

"Yeah, it's nice to see you," I sat on the desk next to him, "Even though I just got back, I already want it to be summer break."

"Same, I'm so done with schoolwork." Aya groans. Our small conversation was quickly interrupted by the school announcements. Something I wasn't expecting was to hear my name get called.

"Y/N L/N, please come to the office." The voice over the speaker said.

"Not even here for a second and they already want you?" I recognize the familiar teasing tone immediately.

"It's like they love me," I joke, turning my attention to Oikawa, "Anyways, try not to miss me too much."

"In your dreams, I actually miss when you weren't at school." Oikawa crosses his arms.

"Didn't seem that way when you picked me up in the middle of the night..." I mumble, not loud enough for Iwaizumi and Aya to hear. But I'm sure Oikawa heard loud and clear, based on the face he was making.

"I'll be back, I'm sure." I wave to the group as they say their goodbyes. On my way to the office, I couldn't help but start to feel anxious. I was feeling fine in the morning, so what happened to me?

Are they going to tell me if I'm going to the competition? I don't know what else it would be.

I entered the main office, and the secretary led me to the principal's office. He wasn't there. I was told to sit down and wait patiently. Why would they ask me to come here when he's not even here yet?

"Ah, good morning, miss L/N." I heard the principal's voice from behind me. He made his way to the other side of his desk, now making us opposite each other.

"Hello." I reply.

"I'm sure you know the reason you're in here."

I nod, "So, what is it? Am I going or not?"

"Well, after discussing this topic with the advisor of the art club," He starts, "I've been told that it would be a good idea to send you. Based on your skills and maturity level, out of all the students in the club, you would be the best candidate."

Maturity? I was literally playing on a play structure not too long ago...

"Those are words from the club advisor. Just know, that if you decide to start any fights with any other students, or disobey any rules, you will not be competing. This is your last chance, Y/N."

"Thank you. I appreciate you even considering this." I couldn't contain my smile, "Don't worry, I'll be a great student."

As I was about to stand up, he stops me, "Before you leave, I do realize that you're going through a difficult time..."