Chapter 31 - Never Have I Ever

I didn't think I'd be going to any of my friends' volleyball practices this summer, but here I am, waiting in front of the gym. Aya begged me to stop by at some point today, I'm not exactly sure why.

I texted her, letting her know I was here. I didn't want to just barge in, interrupting the practice. So I waited for their break time. Aya can look at her phone by then.

It didn't take too long, as the doors to the gym opened and revealed a smiling Aya. She wrapped her arms around me, not even giving me time to process her presence.

"I'm so glad you came!" She cheers, "Come inside! Coach said it's alright."

"Ok," I follow behind her as she enters back into the gym, "What's up?"

"I want you to come to one of my games! It's the qualifiers soon."

"Of course. It just depends on if I'm busy or not." I haven't been to any of Aya's official games this season. The last tournament she was in was when the art vote was going on.

"Right, you have the art competition! Am I allowed to visit you there? I dunno how it works..."

"Yeah, I'm sure you can. It's being held at a gallery open to everyone." I shrug, "I hope the dates of your games don't match up with my art stuff, I really wanna watch you play."

"Same!" She wraps her arm around my shoulder.

"Y/N?" A voice from behind us calls. I look back to see Iwaizumi.

"I didn't know you were gonna be here." He says.

"Neither did I, but Aya begged me."

"I only asked you twice!"

"Hey, Y/N," Another figure appears behind Iwaizumi, "What're you doing here?"

"Visiting Aya and Iwaizumi." I reply. Oikawa raised his eyebrows, expecting me to add another name to my sentence. I stayed silent.

"Do you and Aya have the same tournament schedule? I wanna see both of you play." I ask Iwaizumi.

"I'm not sure, we don't have the schedules yet. I'll let you know once we get them." He says.

"Alright, thanks. I can't wait to see the two of you play!"

"Um, hello? I'm here too." Oikawa wasn't trying to hide his annoyance. I found it amusing, he's always bugging me, so I'd like to bug him sometimes too.

I turn to Aya, "Sooo, why'd you want me here again?"

"To watch practice!" She states, "And also, all the third years are gonna hang out after, and I think you should come."

"Wouldn't that be kinda weird? It's all your volleyball friends and then me..."

"It's ok, everyone thinks you're cool!"

I thought about it. I did kind of hang out with them before, but I was pretty quiet most of the time. I mean, all I was planning on doing tonight was prepare for the art competition, but it's not like today is the only day I can do that.

Maybe I should try having fun. Get out of my room and socialize.

"Ok, fine. I'll hang out."

"Yes! Thank you!" Aya cheers, hugging me. Our conversations were cut short by the coaches of both teams telling Aya, Iwaizumi, and Oikawa that the break time is over. I headed upstairs to watch from above, also to not get in the way.

The practice didn't go on for too much longer. I guess I did get there later, so there wasn't a lot to watch. After everyone finished changing and cleaning up, we went to one of the girls' houses. Kimi, if I remember her name correctly. It was close to the school, so we figured it would be the best place to go. Also, the fact that her parents were gone for the weekend. She seemed pretty excited about having the house to herself. I'm not sure what everyone is planning on doing there, whatever it is, I hope it doesn't involve drinking.