Chapter 18 - Competition

"AHHHHHH" I yell, hitting my head against my desk.

"Woah, don't hurt yourself, Y/N," Aya says, "So are you gonna tell me anything, or just keep yelling?"

I invited Aya over after Iwaizumi dropped me off at my house, and I still haven't said anything about what happened. For some reason, I couldn't wrap my head around what had gone down at the mall.

"Ok, fine... Iwaizumi likes me!" I exclaim.

"What?! Actually?" Aya's eyes widen, "Tell me the whole story."

"Yeah, after looking around in some stores and getting food, I asked him if it was a date like you told me to."

"Wow, I didn't think you would actually ask that." She says.

"And then he said, "if you want it to be then sure", and I was like, "Well do you want it to be?", and he was like, "I like you", and obviously more stuff but that's just the main part!" I blush a little, thinking back on that moment.

"And then? What did you say?" Aya questions, getting even more anxious to know the rest of the story.

"Well... I said... that I liked him too..."

She gasps, "Are you guys like, a thing now or something?"

"Not officially or anything! Honestly, I don't know what we are... After we said we liked each other, we were kinda like, "Yeah, ok, cool", and then went home." I shrug.

"You guys are so annoying!" She throws a pillow at me, "You could've made it official!"

"Sorry if we're taking things slow!" I throw the pillow back at her, "To be honest, I'm kinda scared to see him at school tomorrow, do you think things will be awkward?"

"Only if you make it awkward. Y/N, you'll be fine. Just act how you normally act."

"Ok, you're right. I'll act normal." I say with confidence.

. . .

As soon as I took one step into the classroom, I saw Iwaizumi in my peripheral vision and immediately stepped out. I'm going to the washroom until class starts.

Maybe I'm being a baby. Ok, I am being a baby. I know I'm acting like a middle schooler right now, but I've never had a guy I like actually like me back.

I was scrolling on my phone in one of the stalls, trying to pass the time and get my mind off this whole situation, but was interrupted when a group of girls came into the bathroom. It didn't take me long to guess that they were first years, since I recognized a couple of the voices. One of the girls was in the art club. The other one was the one I kicked out of the art room on the first day.

I was about to just leave, but once I heard my name, I had to listen.

"Her name is Y/N." Art club girl says.

"Yeah, Y/N, and then her friend, I forget her name. Honestly, they are so annoying! Always spending time with Oikawa. Like, come on, he's way out of their league." The girl I kicked out says. Bad timing for them, what are the chances of me being here at the same time they're talking shit about me and my best friend?

"So, she's in the art club with you, right? Maybe we should do something. She needs to be put in her place."

Although I would love to hear more of their conversation, I thought it was about time I left the bathroom. I unlocked the stall, causing the group to jump. I look at them with a blank face. They all simply stared at me in shock.

"I can't wait to see what you have planned." I smile.

The girl I kicked out furrows her eyebrows, glaring at me.