Chapter 34 - Excuses

I let out a huge exhale after adding a few small details to my painting. I didn't even realize I was holding my breath.

"Is this for the art competition?"

I flinched at the voice.

"You look so angry when you're concentrating, Y/N. You're gonna get wrinkles if you keep that up!"

"Why are you here?" I ask, shifting around on my stool to face Oikawa, "And it's not like I can control my face when I'm focused, dickhead."

"I wanted to see what you were up to. But it seems like you're busy at work, so I'll leave-"

"I didn't say you needed to leave." I turn back to my painting, "Yes, this is for the competition."

Oikawa wraps his arms around me from behind and rests his chin on my shoulder, "It looks really nice."

I stiffened at his actions. I wasn't expecting this since we were literally in school. Although there wasn't anyone in the art room, anyone could enter at any moment. It's lunch, sometimes a few students come in here to eat if they want peace and quiet.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm looking at your painting."

I keep my eyes forward, praying that no one will enter the room, "Yeah, maybe you should go back to eating lunch with your friends."

"Why?" He leans his face closer to mine, almost kissing my cheek.

We kissed twice and now he's being all touchy?

"Don't do this at school."

"There's no one here." He smirks.

"Y/N?"

I instinctively pushed Oikawa off me and whipped my head around to the door. My eyes were met with the second year boy who's in this club. He was holding his art supplies and lunch bag.

The boys' eyes were wide, glancing between me and Oikawa, "Ah- was I interrupting-?"

"Nope, you weren't. There's nothing going on right now." I quickly cut him off.

Seriously, I knew someone would come here eventually.

"You can sit in here if you want, it's fine." I say, as he seemed to be hesitant to enter. He nodded, making his way over to his usual spot.

I look at Oikawa, giving him a look that says, why the hell would you do that? He simply shrugged, walking towards the door.

"Hey," I stop him from leaving, "Can we..."

I hesitate, glancing over at the boy who was in the room with us, "Can we talk?"

"Yeah," He almost sits down before I grab his wrist to drag him outside.

"Not here." I led him to a place where no one would be during lunch, underneath the stairs near the art room.

"Did you wanna make out or something?" He scans the area.

I squint my eyes, "Huh?"

"Y/N, this is the make out corner."

"...And how would you know that?"

"Everyone knows that."

"Ugh, well, no. I don't wanna make out. I said we need to talk."

"Are you still worried about Iwa and Aya finding out?" He tilts his head.

"Of course I'm worried! I don't want to ruin my friendships!"

We never talked about this subject yesterday. I only realized that after we kissed, and he walked me home. I guess I was too much in dreamland to remember.