Chapter 22 - Truth or Dare

"Last one to the structure sucks ass!" Oikawa yells, jumping out of the car.

"What, are you five?" I say, running behind him anyway. I didn't want to lose to Oikawa, even if it was a childish activity such as racing to a structure. Who cares if it's childish, honestly, it's fun.

"That race wasn't fair; you had a head start." I huff, reaching the top of the structure where Oikawa was already standing.

"No, you're just too slow." He shrugs.

"Man, you guys sure took that seriously," Aya laughs, "Actually, you know what game we should play?"

All our attention was now on Aya, who now has a smile plastered on her face, "Grounders!"

"Grounders? Like, tag but you close your eyes on the structure?" Iwaizumi raises an eyebrow.

"So, us 17 and 18-year-olds are gonna play grounders on a playground at night." I lean against a pole. Aya nods, hopping on the structure with Oikawa and me. Another childish game for the night. I don't mind though, even if I do have a little bit of trust issues with this game. I was always afraid I would fall off the structure while being the tagger.

"Since Iwa is the last one to be on here, he'll be it." Oikawa says.

"Wow, screw you." Iwaizumi sighs, "Whatever, I'll be it."

He doesn't hesitate to climb up one of the ladders, leaving us completely surprised as we start to spread out. I wasn't expecting him to actually do it. I made my way to the monkey bars, lifting myself up on top of them. I always wanted to hide up here as a kid, since nobody would be able to get you, but I was always too scared. Now that I'm older though, it's not as hard as elementary school me made it to be.

Aya was hanging on to some bars, the opposite side of where Iwaizumi was, and Oikawa was at the end of the slide. That is such a bad spot to be, it's too easy for the tagger to just slide down there to get you. You can run away, but the tagger could also just hop on the structure and call grounders. Oikawa isn't helping himself either, he wasn't even trying to be quiet when going down.

As I predicted, it didn't take long for Oikawa to get tagged by Iwaizumi.

"That's one of the worst spots you can be in." I state, looking down at Oikawa who's now on the ground.

"Don't get all cocky, Y/N, I'll get you next." He confidently smirks, climbing up the stairs. In a panic, I go to the same spot I was last time. I thought it would be a difficult spot to get someone, but Oikawa is tall. He could probably get me by jumping up from the ground.

He stood Infront of the monkey bars, assuming I would be here. I don't even make a sound, but he jumps off the structure anyway. Now he's looking up at me.

"And you say my spot is bad. You can't go to the same place every time, y'know." He teases.

"This is better than the slide." I say, attempting to crawl back to the structure. I was going a lot faster than I should have on there, it's not hard to fall. As I predicted, again, Oikawa jumped up to tag me. I attempted to avoid him but doing that caused me to slip off the monkey bars. I tried grabbing onto the bars to hold myself up but failed.

It's alright, the fall won't be that bad, it's not too high up from the ground, and I'm also not a little kid. If I was smaller, it would definitely be worse.

To my surprise though, I did not in fact hit the ground, I was now in Oikawa's arms. Am I in a book or something? Because this feels like something that would happen in fiction.

"Y/N, you're kind of a clutz." He says, looking down at me.

"Jeez, Y/N, are you ok?" Iwaizumi rushes over to us, along with Aya following close behind.