Chapter 16 - Date

As Oikawa opened the door for me, I was face to face with someone I didn't think I'd be seeing at all tonight.

Iwaizumi. It looked like he just paid for his stuff, based on the way he was standing at the cash register.

What is he doing here at the same time as us? Actually, I'm sure he's asking himself the same question. What was I doing here with Oikawa?

"Y/N and Oikawa? What are you guys doing here?" Iwaizumi asks, surprised to see us.

"Well... we stayed late at school again, and we got hungry. Yeah." I awkwardly explain.

"Don't worry, Iwa! I wasn't doing anything to your girlfriend Y/N." Oikawa teases.

"Shut up, Shittykawa."

"Anyways, I'm gonna get some food." Oikawa walks away, leaving me and Iwaizumi alone.

"I see you stay in the art room as late as that idiot does in the gym." Iwaizumi says.

"Yeah, usually... tonight, I wasn't in the art room the whole time though. I went down to the gym and played for a bit with Oikawa. That's how we ended up here." I explain. Iwaizumi nods and we stood in silence for a few seconds.

"Hey, do you maybe wanna... hang out this weekend?" He spoke up, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand. I blink a few times before responding. Like a date? Is he asking me out on a date?!

"Y-yeah, sure." I respond. No, it's just a hang-out, he didn't say date. But what if he's thinking it's a date? Maybe I'm just being weird...

"Cool. I'll text you. See you at school, Y/N." He waves, walking past me to exit the store, "You too, Shittykawa! See you!"

I wave at him as well, and suddenly Oikawa appears from behind me, "Did he just ask you out?"

"No. It's a hang-out. Not a date." I state, walking to the snack aisle, Oikawa following behind me.

"Hm, sure. By the way, your face was completely red when he asked you that."

"H-huh? No, it was not! You're just trying to piss me off." I say. Was it seriously red?

"Whatever you say. I'm gonna go pay for this stuff." He makes his way to the checkout.

Man, I can't believe this! Why did Iwaizumi have to ask that in front of Oikawa? Now he's going to bug me about it for the rest of the week! I sigh, grabbing my favourite drink from the fridge along with a snack and headed to the checkout.

Once I finished paying, Oikawa starts, "I can walk you home if you want. It's almost dark out."

"No, I'll be fine, thanks."

"Suit yourself, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye!" I give a peace sign and we part ways. On the walk home, I could not stop thinking about the question Iwaizumi asked. Wanna maybe... Hangout?

Is this a date or not?! I frustratingly kick the rocks on the ground around me. Why is this bothering me so much? I need to talk to Aya.

I ran home as fast as I could, and rushed to my room, ignoring my sister's greeting. I didn't mean to slam my bedroom door behind me, but I didn't pay any mind to it since I was trying to facetime Aya.

Finally, she answered.

Before she could even speak, I start freaking out, "Aya, Iwaizumi asked me to hang out and I don't know if he means it like a date or just a hangout, help me!"

"Wait, what? Ok, just explained what happened-" Aya suddenly gets cut off by knocking on my door.

"Did you say date? Y/N, are you going on a date?!" My sister yells from the outside of my room.