Chapter 42 - The Art Room

I set down the last few boxes of my belongings on the wooden floor. Letting a breath out, I scan the room that was filled with cardboard boxes, some already opened and the rest left untouched. I didn't think there would be so much stuff.

I sat on the empty counter I stood next to, responding to a few texts I hadn't seen yet.

"Taking a break?"

I look up from my phone, meeting the eyes of Oikawa Tooru, standing in one of the bedroom doorways.

"I'm done. That's the last of it." I reply, pointing at the boxes I just brought in.

"Ah, well, I just finished setting up the mattress. We'll have somewhere to sleep tonight."

"We gonna order in for dinner?"

Oikawa nods, making his way toward me, "Of course, we have no food to make anything."

"And we'll be ordering in tomorrow if Iwa and Aya's flight is on time."

"I dunno, Iwa's a pretty good cook." His hands land on the counter next to my thighs.

I hesitate before speaking up again, "It's been a while, huh?"

"A while since what?" He tilts his head.

"Since we've been all together. Everyone's busy."

"Well, we all have the time now. And we'll have a bunch of fun unpacking!"

"Yay, super fun..." I roll my eyes as he chuckles.

This isn't the first time I've moved, so I thought I would at least feel better about it than the last time. But I guess moving from Miyagi to Tokyo is different from Tokyo to Argentina. Thankfully, my mom and sister helped me back in Japan with all my stuff.

"My parents are visiting in a few days too, I'm sure we can cook them a nice meal then." Oikawa adds.

"Right..." I sigh, "I wish my family could come too."

"Don't worry, there's always other times." He leaves small kisses from my jawline down to my neck.

"Yeah... If only my dad was here too."

He pulls away from my skin, his gaze shifting to my eyes, "Hm... You think he would like me?"

"Definitely not."

"Wha- hey, be honest! Your mom and sister like me!"

I laugh, "I'm kidding. I'm sure you would get along fine."

"I get along with anyone."

"Sure." I lightly pushed him, sliding off the counter, "We should unpack. I don't wanna be living in an empty apartment for long."

"Mhm, just have to wait on some furniture." Oikawa followed close behind me as I made my way to the second, smaller bedroom.

"I wanted to ask, what are we doing with this? A spare room?" I say, stepping into the room. It was brightly lit by the sun outside.

"Oh, it's for you."

"Huh?" I turn to face him, "Are we sleeping in separate rooms now?"

"No, it's for you to use." He shakes his head, stifling a laugh, "I didn't mean to scare you."

"You did not scare me." I stare out the window, "Why would I need this?"

"For your art."

"What?" I raise an eyebrow.

"You can have your own art room." He states.

"...You're kidding."

"Nope."

"...Why?"

"It's like a home office, Y/N. For your work and stuff."

My own art room? I've never had that before. It's always been my room, or a shared one at school...

"Hey, don't zone out on me now." Oikawa interrupts my thoughts.

"Sorry, I just... don't really know what to say, it's..."

His arms suddenly snake around my waist as he leaned his chin on my shoulder, "It'll be harder to kick me out of this one though."

"It's fine, I don't think you'll be getting confessions from girls in here." I continued staring at the room in awe, already planning out where everything should go, "Thank you." I turn around, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him into an embrace.

"Of course." He mumbles against my neck, "I love you, Y/N."

"I love you too." I say, not being able to contain a smile.

Five years ago, I was sad to be leaving the art room when we graduated. There was one at the university I attended, but I dropped out early, leaving me with barely any time to use it. I thought having an art room all to myself was just a dream. If anything, it would be something to have in the far future.

But here I am, hugging Oikawa Tooru, in the middle of the art room.

My art room.

A/N - Thank you for reading this book, I appreciate you all :') I know there's some plotholes in this story and I would definitely change a bunch of stuff now, but it's all just for fun so who cares

 Also, I know this ending is corny, honestly I just wanted to be finished with it since I've been working on my next story ahhhh thank you again!!

Update - My new book is out! It's called 'Two-faced [Atsumu x Reader]' :))