Chapter 36 - Confession

It's the first round of the art competition. My mouse occasionally hovers over the submit button, but I get paranoid and have to check all of my pieces over and over again.

"Y/N, don't forget to submit that before midnight." The club advisor says as she exits the art room, only me and a few other students remained alone.

I continued looking over my art, and before I knew it, everyone was gone.

"Good luck, Y/N!" The second year boy waves, leaving the room.

This was too stressful, what if the judges didn't like any of my work?

"You're submitting your stuff?" A voice interrupts my thoughts, "Oh, that one looks nice."

Oikawa placed his finger on the photo he liked, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"Don't do that, you're all sweaty," I state, leaning away from him, "What are you doing here?"

"I can't believe you're still asking that question. Why can't I just visit you after my long, hard practice?

I squint my eyes, "Long and hard?"

"Yep, wanna know what else is long and hard?"

"Don't even answer that question, please." I say, "Anyways, can you press submit for me? I keep chickening out."

He nods, taking the mouse in his hand and dragging it to the button.

"Wait-"

He clicks it before I can stop him.

"Why would you do that?! I needed to check it again!"

"How many times have you already checked it?"

"...I dunno, I started when I got here."

"Then there's no need to wait." He sits on the table, looking down at me, "Ready to go? I'll walk you home."

"I guess, I wanted to draw for a bit though."

"Ok, that's fine."

I shut my laptop, pushing it aside and replacing it with my sketchbook. I took out my pen and began sketching.

I couldn't sketch normally though; I felt a pair of eyes drilling into the side of my head.

I looked up, Oikawa was staring intently.

"Are you just gonna stare at me?"

"Yeah."

"Stop."

"Why?"

"I don't like it when you stare at me."

"Aw, am I making you nervous? I already told you, Y/N, you don't have to be nervous around me."

My mind recalls the night when he said those same words to me. It's only been a few days since then.

His face was smug, almost as if he was amused by the fact that I'm nervous.

"Don't flatter yourself, I don't like it when anyone stares at me while I draw."

"Get used to it then."

"Huh?"

"You look so pretty when you're working on your stuff."

My face felt warm, as my gaze returned to my sketchbook, "Don't... say that."

I actually don't know what he sees, I'm pretty sure I have a resting bitch face when I'm concentrating.

"Calm down, Y/N."