Chapter 29 - Jealous

"What do you think of this?" Aya asks, viewing her outfit in the mirror. I'm currently laying on her bed, while she's getting ready for a party tonight. The girl who's hosting is on Aya's volleyball team. She also hosted the other party we went to. The only difference is this is an open invite, so there will probably be a lot more people than last time.

"It's nice. I like it" I say.

"Are you gonna get ready? Iwaizumi and Oikawa will be here soon."

Right, I'm also going to this party. I'm just so not looking forward to it. Ok, I don't think it'll be that bad, but I'm feeling kind of tired at the moment.

Maybe if I have a few shots...

"Hey, Y/N," Aya snaps me out of my thoughts, "You good?"

"Yeah, don't worry, I'll get ready. I'm just a little tired."

I'm sure once we get there, I won't be feeling as bad. Hopefully.

"If you really don't wanna go, we can stay here, y'know..."

"Aya, I'm fine. It's summer, so we should have fun tonight, alright?"

She sighs, "Ok. Just let me know when you wanna leave. We don't have to stay the whole night."

After half an hour or so, Oikawa and Iwa arrived to pick us up. The car ride was loud, with music blasting in my ears the entire time, as well as everyone talking to each other. It was almost like a mini party. I guess the only one feeling unenthusiastic about this is me. Isn't that how it always is, though?

. . .

Walking up the front steps, Aya stopped me before entering the house.

"Keep your phone on and loud. Just in case."

She always says this at parties, as if I would forget. I only nod in response.

The door opens, revealing the familiar red and purple LED lights, and extremely loud music. Aya immediately sees her volleyball friends and rushes to their side, a huge smile on her face.

I stood next to Iwaizumi and Oikawa, not really knowing what to do with myself until the two other third years from the boys' team comes up to us.

"Hey, you guys wanna play beer pong?" One of them asks.

"Sure, but I'm not drinking. I'm driving tonight." Oikawa says. Iwaizumi also says yes. I don't know if he'll be drinking much either, he never did at the last party. And I can't really see him being too into that.

"Wanna play after, Y/N? Or you can watch us." Iwa spoke just loud enough to hear over the music.

"Thanks, but I gotta do something. I'll come to watch later..."

Iwa raises an eyebrow but doesn't question it, "Don't do anything stupid."

What does he think I'm gonna do?

I give a thumbs up and go my own way. The thing that I had to do is take some shots. Ok, maybe Iwaizumi was right to think I might do something stupid. Who the hell leaves their friends at a party, filled with way too many people they don't know, to take shots alone?

I reached the table with the shot glasses and drinks. There were a couple of people there, talking.

"Hey! Let's take one together!" Some girl appeared out of nowhere it seems, grabbing a shot glass for herself. She picks up the bottle of Fireball and pours it into each of our glasses.

"You like Fireball, right? Cheers!" The small glasses clinked together, and we drank.

No, I don't actually like Fireball, I had it once and thought it was gross. But who cares about that right now? The girl pours another one for us. We both downed it as fast as it was poured. She was about to do another one until some guy came next to her. He said something, I couldn't understand anything with all the music and talking. But whatever he said caused her to laugh and wave goodbye to me.