quinze: bonding

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:
"bonding"

Annie started breathing heavily as she made eye contact with his green orbs. Asher.

"You okay?" He said coming closer to her.

She stared at him, so thankful for coming right on time. She closed her eyes shut and shook her head throwing her arms around his neck giving him a tight hug.

He was surprised by her action but he hugged back just as tight while she let out a few sobs into his chest. He had never seen her like this of course he couldn't blame her, she must've been traumatised.

"Hey, it's okay." He comforted, "He couldn't do anything." He said rubbing her back.

She looked up to him, "I-if you didn't come i don't know what would have happened." She said trying to get herself together.

"Well I did come, you're safe now Annie." 

She slowly pulled away, "I-I'm sorry." She said wiping her tears.

"Don't worry about it," He said, his tone beyond comforting. "Only my shirts a little damp now." He smiled faintly trying to lighten the mood.

A soft smile appeared on her face, "Thank you." She said genuinely, "so much."

He nodded, "I'll walk you home." He said softly.

She swallowed her spit still processing what happened, "Okay." 

The walk home was silent, only their footsteps were loud and clear while the sound of the trees rattling swayed in the back.

"Why were you alone?" Asher broke the silence.

"I should've gone with Johnny. I regret passing that offer now." She answered.

"I'm sorry i got you into this. This shit is because of me- i got the boys into it too." He sighed.

"Asher," She started. "You didn't get me into this. If anything i got myself into this." She said.

"Were you gonna walk home?" He asked.

"I had my skateboard..and now its lost." She shrugged at the end of the sentence.

Another moment of silence took over, it wasn't awkward instead, it was peaceful. He slowly took out a cigarette, lighting it. He took a drag out of it as she watched.

He put it towards her, giving her an offer to use it. Annie looked at it, she hesitated but took it anyway. Taking a long drag from it, She coughed as she gave it back too him.

"Why did- or uh do you hate me?" Annie asked blankly as she remembered how he used act towards her.

He turned to look at her, "I never hated you." He answered.

She bit the inside of her cheek, "You sure used to show it." she said, her voice soft.

He let out a breath, "I just don't like letting people into my life." He said. "As soon as they walk in they walk right out."

"Oh." She nodded slowly. "I won't." She mumbled.

"Im sorry for being a jerk." He said.

She laughed softly, a little of the weed getting to her head, "it's okay."

"Hey we can be friends now," He said putting his hand out.

"Best friends." She smiled giving him a hug instead. "Thank you."

She said again pulling away from the hug. "I could literally say that million times."