trente-huit: bad news

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT:
"bad news"

"Keith texted Asher." Josh said.

"What does he want?" Jack said his head turned towards Asher.

"That's why you rushed in??" Johnny questioned, internally groaning.

They ruined the moment.

"He wants to fight."

Jack raised a brow, "What, why?"

Josh gritted his teeth, "Asher here decided to be stupid and agree to it!"

"He was calling us weak!" Asher protested.

"So!? You should've just blocked him!"

"I wanted this to end okay!?"

"Stop yelling!" Annie yelled herself which made them come to a halt.

"Annie...you're uh involved" Josh crossed his arms.

"What!?" Johnny exclaimed as Asher sighed.

"Give me that." Annie said pulling the phone from Josh.

" Annie said pulling the phone from Josh

"Why does he want me?" Annie exclaimed

"Why does he want me?" Annie exclaimed. "And you agreed"

"What else was i supposed to do!?" Asher fought back.

Johnny rolled his eyes, "I don't know maybe you could've BLOCKED HIM?" He huffed stating the obvious, "Annie is not getting into this." He deadpanned.

Annie looked down as she realised why they might want her, "My father," She said softly. "Do you think...?"

Asher let out a breath as he nodded, "That could literally be the only the reason they might want you."

"No, No, No," Johnny shook his head. "Annie i'm not letting you go."

"She won't, we're gonna beat them and it's all gonna be over." Asher said.

Johnny scoffed, "And how do you know that! You just had to agree to him? Do you know what she might get into!"

"Stop!" Annie exclaimed yet again. "We'll figure it out."

"The fuck is this shit." Jack deadpanned. "I wanted to get cotton candy today not a heart attack"

Josh nudged him, "Not the time." He mumbled.

Annie sighed, "I'll help."

Asher smiled, "Grea-"

"No!" Johnny cut him off. "I'm not letting her get hurt." He looked away.

"Johnny i'll be fine, His threats can stop."

"Even if we win you're still gonna get hurt. do you think it's gonna be a verbal fight!?" He rolled his eyes sarcastically.

"Guy's uh let them talk." Josh said as he excused himself from the room.

Asher bit his lip as he slowly left the room. He was one to make impulsive decisions and this was another one of those.

Jack watched as the others left.."Johnny do you have my charger?" Jack asked hesitantly because of the current tension.

Johnny tossed the charger from his bed side towards him, "Thanks!" He whisper-shouted.

Just as he was about leave the room, he made eye contact with Annie. Jack gave her a nervous grin and put his thumbs in the air.

Annie smiled faintly as she got up to lock the door.

She walked back to Johnny sitting next to him, "Johnny you need to underst-"

"Understand that you might get injured!?" He questioned. "If you think i'm gonna watch you getting hurt you're wrong."

Her eyes were soft because he obviously cared about her, "What's the worst thing that could hap-"

"You could die!" He exclaimed making her flinch. Maybe he was being little too dramatic but there was still a chance...

He sighed looking at her, "Annie I just love and care about you..a lot. I don't want anything bad happening to you.

She smiled softly, sitting right in front of him, "I'll be fine."

"You don't know them Annie and your father god knows what he's plann-"

That was true. Annie wasn't sure what he was planning but she was sure that it wasn't something pleasant. It's not like he's suddenly going to have a change of heart..right?

She put his hand on his cheek, caressing it, "Hey it's not like i'm gonna be alone. All of you guy are gonna be with me." She smiled, "Plus didn't we wanna get Oscar back?"

He sighed, "Yeah but-"

"Johnny.." She cut him off softly. "I think it'll be a little fun too, like an adventure" She said softly.

boy, she thought wrong.

"Whatever." Johnny rolled his eyes looking back at her.

She laughed and kissed him softly.

He pulled away, "So now she whats to kiss me?" He raised a brow jokingly, pulling her onto his lap.

She kissed him again, this time pulling away before he could kiss back to tease him a little.

He gave her a 'seriously?' type look but Annie only giggled.

She pulled her hoodie off, leaning in and kissing him again, "Well we've got to finish what we started don't we?" She smirked back at him, answering his question.

And let me tell you, those words were followed by one long night.