vingt-huit: confronting

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
"confronting"

As promised Johnny brought her back home, but instead of midnight, they stayed up talking and finally reached home safely at two.

It was the next morning, Her mom was still asleep probably because they went to sleep quite late yesterday. Plus, she's probably exhausted from her excess work. 

Annie walked down the stairs. Her crimson coloured back-pack hanging over her shoulder.

She spotted her mom's handbag there.

She needed to find John's number. Her father. Even though it was risky, she would be doing Asher a huge favour and she cared for him, he was her half brother after all.

She slowly walked towards her moms bag, going through it. She let out a breath of relief she didn't even know she was holding as pulled out her moms phone.

T

hank the lords her mom didn't have a password, She quickly went through her contacts to find, 'John'

She grinned as she took a picture of the number from her phone.

Honestly, she didn't expect it to be this easy.

Just as she was about to keep her phone down, her mom walked out the room. "What're you doing?" She asked.

Annie looked at her, internally panicking, "I- i couldn't find my phone so i used yours to call mine." She said looking down at her phone, She smiled nervously, "And i found it!" She said putting her phone next to her face.

Her mother gave her a certain look but then proceeded to smile, "Alright, aren't you getting late for school?"

She let out a sigh of relief on the inside and nodded, "Yeah, i'll see you later," She smiled giving her a side hug before going outside.

Since Annie was wearing a ponytail. Her mom saw her tattoo, "Annie did you get a tattoo?" She asked which made Annie stop right in place.

Annie's hand travelled to the back of her neck as she touched her tattoo, "Yeah..um sorry"

"What made you get it?" Annie's mom raised a brow.

"I just wanted one," She let out a breath, as she pulled the sleeve of her hoodie up, "I got this one too."

Her mom looked at her with soft eyes, "That's nice but I would've appreciated it if you would've asked me before." She said.

Annie sighed, "Sorry Mom." She said. "Its getting late, i'll see you later." She smiled as she walked out the door not wanting to hear anymore.

Johnny would usually wait for her near the gate and thats what he did today too, "Morning Beautiful," He smiled as she stopped in front of him.

"Morning John." She smiled widely.

She grabbed her skateboard as they walked inside together, "Did you talk to those girls yet?" He asked her referring to Jayden and Kenzie. Lilia wasn't really apart of the conversation that day.

"No, i'm ignoring them and its going pretty well." She said. Well, That wasn't gonna last soon.

"Ill see you in science" He smiled.

"Bye Orlando." She blew him a kiss as he walked away, laughing to herself. She really did love him.

It was a normal okay school day, well until lunch.

She walked in with Jack since they had class together before.

That's when Jayden approached her, Kenzie next to her. Lilia following behind.

"Annie you should stop hanging out with these guys. They aren't good for you." Jayden said.

Jack scoffed, "Aren't good for her? I'm sorry Miss Jealous, she's my best friend." He said rolling his eyes.

Annie glanced at Jack and then back the girls, "First of all I don't think you need to tell me who i hang out with." Annie crossed her arms across her chest.

Soon enough, a small crowd gathered around them.

"We're just trying to be good friends" Kenzie rolled her eyes.

"Good friends? So its okay to call me a slut?" She questioned earning a few gasps from the side.

"What are you talking about!?" Jayden exclaimed obviously acting oblivious. 

Annie raised a brow then shook her head, "I just want to get in all their pants huh?" She said going closer to her face. "Oh my god the whole world revolves around me! Well i'm sorry that i'm getting more attention in short amount of time than you ever did in your entire school life"

"You're being stupid." Kenzie said biting her lip.

"Oh please Mackenzie, I have the recording." She rolled her eyes, as people watched with theirs mouths agape. "Also, doesn't like You the way you do and You never even tried to get his attentionso don't go fucking act like i'm doing something i'm not supposed to be doing okay?"

"periodt!" Jack yelled as she finished. Johnny's hand was placed his shoulder as he glared at him. Johnny could help but smirk when Annie was talking about him.

She looked over to see everyone staring at her. Overwhelmed, Annie ran out of the cafeteria.

Johnny was gonna run after her but he saw Lilia go before him so he decided to wait for a few minutes.

Lilia ran behind her, "Annie wait!" She yelled, after all she had heels on and it wasn't easy to run with them.

Annie internally rolled her eyes and turned around, "Yes?"

"I-i wasn't apart of anything they said—" She panted.

Annie cut her off, "But you probably agree don't you?"

"No!" Lilia exclaimed, "I don't. You genuinely seem like a nice person and i don't want anything to come in between us." She said looking down, "I'm sorry on behalf of them..I still wanna be friends."

Annie sighed, "Its okay." She said. "I just don't know why so many girls are like that, why can't we just support each other?" Annie ranted.

"I know right but you do you." Lilia smiled earning one back from Annie. "I'll see you around." Just as she disappeared into the halls, she saw Johnny coming out of the cafeteria.

"One hell of a day huh?" He asked coming towards her.

"For sure." Annie shrugged.

He put his hand in front of him for her to hold, "In the mood for some ice cream?" He questioned. They we're gonna skip again, It had indeed been a long time since they did that.

She gave him a smile and held onto his hand, "Always."

𝐒𝐊𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें