001: Championship

"You would find her, in a polaroid picture. And she, means everything to me."

...

A year later, 1986. Sylvie, Nancy, and Steve are already seniors. Sylvie and Nancy joined the Student Publications for their love of journaling and photography.

As Sylvie was at lunch, picking her food, she heard a guy yelling. She looked at where the sound was coming from and it was Eddie Munson.

"Or, partiessss... or a game where you toss balls into laundry baskets!" He yelled, towards the Hawkins basketball team. Jason then stood up, "You want something, freak?" Eddie then made an imitation of a demon. Sylvie sighed softly and didn't notice Eddie looking at her.

That's when their eyes locked.

They were both staring at each other, Sylvie smiled slightly and waved, Eddie smiled and went back to his seat. Sylvie felt something, a little fluster of emotions, she had this huge ton of feelings wave over her. She shook her head as she grabbed her food and went to her seat.

She then sat down with Steve and Robin. "Hey guys," she smiled, "hey Sylvie!" Robin grinned. "Hi Sylvie, anyways - as I was saying, I don't want to be in a relationship wherein the only important thing is sex!" Steve ranted, "maybe just find the right girl?" Sylvie chewed on her food.

"I've had that once, but now I can't find any." He scoffed, the three continued to eat. "Where's Nancy?" Robin asked, "she's at the Student Publication's room, preparing the newspapers for the championship." Sylvie explained.

"Will you guys be going to the championship?" Sylvie asked, "well yeah I am, but for Steve no clue." Robin said, "I'm going with a chick," Steve said, "hope they won't use you for sex I guess," Sylvie shrugged. "Lets hope," Steve sighed.

After lunch, Sylvie was by her locker fixing her stuff for next class. She then feels a tap on her shoulder, she turns around and there he was - Munson. She froze a bit, "Hey Eddie..." She says softly. Eddie was frozen too, it was like their first meeting all of a sudden, "yeah, hi - sorry about the thing in the cafeteria, it was kind of embarrassing now that I think of it," He says quietly. She chuckles softly, "it's fine, Eddie, I just think you should be careful of what you say around Jason and his mates." She says.

He smiles softly, "yeah I guess..." He looks down and up back to her eyes. He just wanted to hold her at the moment, to tell her that he misses her so much. He gulped a bit, "I'll uh- see you around." He says, ending their little talk. Sylvie was kind of saddened, "oh yeah, yeah sure. Bye Eddie." She says. Eddie nods and walks away, leaving Sylvie's fluttered heart broken.

After classes, Sylvie went to the basketball court for the championship, she was with Nancy and their friend, Fred. They were taking notes for the newspaper, she held her checkboard and watched the whole thing.

Eddie on the other hand, had his final campaign with the Hellfire club, a club he started about Dungeons and Dragons.

As Sylvie was watching, she saw Chrissy, the popular girl in the cheerleading squad and Jason's girlfriend, walk into the room. She felt pain in her wound, she knew it meant there was something but she didn't mind it and massaged it slowly and subtle.

And as she did, she watched Lucas throw the ball into the hoop. The pressure started, will it land? Everyone was looking on the court, the ball swirling around the hoop and then, it landed.

The loud sounds of people cheering and clapping came out, everyone jumping in cheer. Sylvie smiled brightly and wrote down on her checkboard, same with Nancy.

After all that, Sylvie, Nancy, and their friends congratulate Lucas and the others in the basketball team. "Okay, I'll write some stuff down at my house, is that alright?" Sylvie asked, "sure just remember to give it to me!" Nancy smiled, "ok, thanks Nancy, bye!" Sylvie ran back to her home, walking alone.

As she walked, she noticed Chrissy talking to Eddie behind the school. Sylvie thought it was off, but remembering what had happening - it broke her, thinking that Eddie is going out with Chrissy, as she was also one of the popular girls like her. But she couldn't really judge. She ignored it and continued to walk home.

She unlocked her door, no one was there, no one greeted her, she was alone. She sighed and sat down on her couch, she missed hearing her mom, asking her why she was late, she missed smelling food in the kitchen, she missed her touch, caressing her hair whilst she talked and rant.

Sylvie stood up and checked the fridge, she only had a cold sandwich and she had nothing else to do but eat it. As she ate it, she turned on the TV and sat down on the couch again. Watching whatever was on the TV.

A few minutes later, she grabbed her bag and took her papers and pen and started writing stuff for the championship a while ago. And after that, she fell asleep writing.