004 : Feelings

At first, it was slightly weird. The two would blabber, have some small fights, and some realizations during their little 'test for love.' Though, as the days passed, they felt as if they understood one another's problems, they weren't that close as one would say, but they were at that right proximity, that would let anything happen.

Sylvie didn't know what it was that attracted her to him, she thought it would've been his personality or his looks, but it wasn't. She couldn't pin it, it wasn't a 'happy' crush for sure, was she just into metalheads? Her head was spinning around with the thought. What could she have seen in him? Does she actually like him? Or was this just leading to nothing? Sylvie wanted to get that straight, she wanted to fix whatever was troubling her.

Friday, Sylvie and Eddie's test was coming to an end. They were at a diner, eating lunch. "So," Eddie sparked the conversation, "what do you think of me now?" He asks, with a small smirk. Sylvie's eyes dart to him after she was thinking for a long time, "well, I think..." She stares at him more, "you aren't that 'creepy', but you also aren't that 'weird.' You're just a decent dude trying to get out of school and live the life you always wanted. You're just you." She said, she slightly hated it though - she couldn't pin out what she liked of him. 

Eddie chuckled, "that's it?" He asks, leaning back on the red couch of the diner, "you're also annoying at some times." She adds, smiling sarcastically. Eddie rolls his eyes and chuckles once more "whatever, you're the one who can't take little jokes." He shrugs, "anyways, what I think of you, Ms. Sylvia Massoumbert, is that you are also a... decent person, you just need someone to understand you, to make you feel wanted." He says. That made her heart flutter, is that really it?

"Really?" She asks, Eddie nods. "I thought I knew you, popular girl, just the same as Harrington - slightly rubbish, likes to break people's hearts." He says, Sylvie chuckles. "But in all seriousness, you are a really nice and deep person, you just need people who can share that." He adds. "That is honestly the most sweetest thing you've said yet," she says, he smiles softly "you are welcome."

"So, we trust each other?" He asks, Sylvie hesitates, was this a bad idea? But then again, she liked him and wanted to figure out what she liked most of him. "Yeah, sure." She says, Eddie reaches his hand out to her over a table. "What are you doing?" Sylvie asks, confused. "I want a shake, to seal it. Dumbass." He adds, Sylvie chuckles softly, she rolls her eyes and held his hand, shaking it. His hands were slightly calloused from all the guitar playing he had done, and hers was slightly soft - though slightly sweaty.

"Do you not give your hands a break? Your hand is wet." Eddie asks, Sylvie scoffs gently as a joke, "oh whatever, your hands are too rough." She says, Eddie laughs quietly. "Mhm, alright Sylvie, whatever you say." He says.

...

As some time passes by, the two create a unknown relationship. They were close, but they weren't lovers nor best friends, the two couldn't really figure it out - but they let it progress through time. And as they let that progress, it starts to develop into something more, more than just 'best friends', it couldn't be something so ridiculous, it was something deeper.

It was at a party, where they decided to meet up. It was some party some jock was handling, they didn't know further details rather than the address. They were in the bathroom, locked. They looked at each other and yet stayed silent, which was awkward with the atmosphere being hyped outside. The sound of muffled loud noises, people cheering, yelling, and the music being loud, yet it was all blocked by one single room. Sylvie hesitates to start the conversation, so Eddie did. 

"So..." He starts, Sylvie looks away. "The party's... great, yeah?" He asks, slightly nervous. Sylvie nods, "yeah I guess, but we're in the bathroom so we don't really have a great opinion on that," they both chuckle, "though based on the sound, it's pretty good." She says. He nods, he looks at her and looks away once more, Sylvie can't help but glance on that. 

As they both realized the whole thing was slightly awkward, the tension filled the air. "I-I'll just go grab a cup." She stands up, once she held the doorknob, he holds her arm. She looks to him, "Eddie?" She asks, her voice becomes more soft. He looks to her, "can we talk?" He asks. That starts to make her heart race.  She nods and sits down on the closed toilet. 

He sighs, "look Sylvie, you're like - really pretty." He says, "and I hate that. I hate that I like it." He adds, "you're just so... nice, kind, honest, and- I never really expected that from some popular girl like you, and I hate it that you are because I like it. I like you. It's stupid I know, 'so cliche that the freak likes the princess of the town' and well, I don't know what to do about that. I hate how you make me feel this way, it's so stupid and so selfish of me to feel this way, it's all probably one-sided anyway, you probably don't even feel the same - I wouldn't blame you. I just needed to spill that out, it's killing me Sylvie, you're killing me." 

She sat silent, she froze for a while. This was it, this was the blow. She didn't know whether to take it or not. She decided to stand up, she grabs his face and pulls him in, kissing him deeply. He was shocked at first but slowly gets into it, he drops his empty cup and holds her waist, pulling her closer. They both kiss each other, savoring the moment between them intimately.

Later on in the kiss, he starts kissing her lower, she sighs softly, giving in. They both close their eyes and sooner or later, they rush to leave the party and go back to his place...