002 : Tapes

She walks herself to the video store where Robin and Steve worked at. She walks inside and the bell on top of the door rings, "hey guys," she smiles at the two, who were busy fixing some tapes.

"Sylvie!" Robin smiles, walking to the counter and resting her arms on it, "how you been?" She asks, Sylvie shrugs, "not bad, not good." Sylvie states as she also rests by the counter, "hey Steve." Sylvie smirks.

Steve was busy stacking tapes, some of them were in the wrong order too. "Sylvie." Steve says, with a slight huff, "oh stop whining Harrington, get to work." Robin chuckles. "Been like that all day?" Sylvie asks, "no, he was slacking until Keith caught him." Robin says, Sylvie chuckles softly.

"Not funny guys," Steve rolls his eyes, fixes his front hair, and continues to stack some tapes. Robin walks behind the counter, "so what brings you here? Any tapes you wanna rent?" Robin smiles, "no, just here to talk with you guys, the house is boring." She says.

"Oh yeah, your aunt moved in, she's no fun?" Steve asks, "nope, one day she stays, the next day, goes to the hospital to work 24/7." Sylvie says, with a soft sigh.

A customer then walks in. Long hair, leather jacket, white shirt with a logo of some band, accompanied by his black pants and white shoes. Sylvie looks at him, he seemed intimidating, but in a good way. He looks at her and then to Robin, "here," the man hands the tape to Robin.

Sylvie looks at the tape and the mans hand, tons of silver rings around it, slightly veiny too. Robin nods and puts it back, "hope you enjoyed the movie, Munson." Robin smiles, he nods, he looks to Sylvie before he leaves.

Sylvie stares as he left, she felt something. She liked him. "Sylvieee, your head out of Munson's hair yet?" Robin smirks. "Uh- who?" Sylvie snaps out of it.

"Munson, Eddie Munson. The guy who got held back twice and is the club leader of Hellfire, that D&D group." Steve says, walking towards the girls. "Thats Eddie? Never thought he'd look like that." Sylvie says.

"What? So hot?" Robin teases, Sylvie rolls her eyes. "Oh c'mon, Munson, out of all people?" Steve asks, "yeah, what to it?" Sylvie chuckles.

After the whole day, Sylvie couldn't stop thinking of him, of Eddie. He made feel something, a gut feeling that felt so wonderful. She was having butterflies in her stomach, the way his eyes looked at her, his smell of cigarettes and cologne stuck to her. She felt so shy around him, she was never like that. She needs to meet  him again.

Sylvie discovered a quiet longing within herself. While the idea of a fleeting romance under the sun had its allure, she couldn't ignore the growing desire for something more substantial with Eddie.

Secretly, she yearned for not just a summer fling but a life entwined with his.