006 : Catching Up

After the incident, they went home to rest and compile every information they've got at the moment. The next day, they were all picked up by Nancy and drove to check Eddie.

"Not to be a wimp, but can I sit in the car for this 'cause this gonna totally and royally suck." Robin asks Nancy, "It'll be fine," Nancy spoke, "I can't stand to see those dull eyes of Eddie's break again, I really, really can't." Robin added. "At least he can drink himself into feeling better," Steve spoke up, he was in the back.

"That's what my mom does," Max added, "why don't we just give it a trial? 'hey Eddie, uh, good news first this time, we got you Dustin-approved junk food and that six-pack you requested, oh yeah, and we found Vecna, only bad news is that he's in that other, darker, much scarier dimension and that gate's closed so we have no way of getting to him, like he's entirely shut off to us so basically you're screwed, and no, I know you were already screwed, but now you're like doubly, triply, screwed." Robin suggested.

"wait wait wait, maybe we don't put it like that," Lucas asked, "We're one step closer to finding Vecna, that's what we say, that's what's important," Nancy concluded, "see Robin? Positive spin can make all the difference." Steve spoke, "Uh-huh," Robin rolled her eyes.

"Maybe let's not talk about Eddie yea?" Dustin asked, "why? He's like our top priority," Robin asked too. "Well..." Dustin smirked as he pointed to Sylvie who was thinking, "what?" Steve whispered, Dustin raised his eyebrows, "are you saying that she actually likes him? And Eddie too???" Steve whispered, "mmmmmaybe," Dustin looked away.

"Hey Sylvie? Done thinking about your prince?" Robin chuckled, "hm? Oh, sorry, no I was just thinking about Eddie... not in a way you might be thinking but you know in a nice way because I'm worried aren't we all? heheh, yea no don't worry I was just worrying in a neutral way," Syvlie smiled.

"Oh shit," Nancy muttered, "what?" Sylvie asked, they all looked to see news reporter vans and police cars surrounding the house. Many people surrounded the area, they all get out of the car, "come on, this way." Nancy told, they al followed her. "The Roane County line received a call, a little after midnight reporting a homicide here on the lake," The police spoke to the news reporters.

The gang looked at what was happening, "a homicide?" Sylvie thought. "Officer Callahan here and myself arrived first on the scene, we made our way to the shore of Lover's lake about ten yards from that house you see behind me, it was there that we found the victim, an 18-year-old senior from Hawkins High, Patrick McKinney." The police continued.

"His limbs, his body, it was disfigured, there was an eyewitness on the scene. We have also identified a person of interest," the police held up a picture of Eddie, "Eddie Munson, we encourage anyone with information to please come forward," "Oh man..." Steve muttered, "this is not good, this is really really not good." he continued.

The police finished his speech and all of a sudden, "Dustin, can you hear me? Wheeler? Sylvie?" It was Eddie.

Dustin immediately turned on his walkie, "Eddie holy shit, are you okay?" he whispered. "Nah man, pretty... pretty goddamn far from okay," Eddie sighed, "where is he?" Robin asked, "where are you?" Dustin asked on the walkie, "Skull Rock, do you know it?" "Uh yeah, that's near Cornwallis and--" Dustin get cut off, "Garett yeah, I know where that is," Steve spoke up.

"Hold tight, we're coming, we're coming. "Dustin turned his walkie off, the gang then went off to the forest, going to Skull Rock.

"Dude, I'm telling you, you're taking us the wrong way," Steve spoke, "It's north, I'm positive, I checked the map," Dustin spoke, holding a compass and a map. "You do realize that Skull Rock is like a super popular make-out spot?" Steve asked. "Yeah, so?" "Yeah, well it wasn't popular until I made it popular, alright? I practically invented it." Steve explained.