Arc 3: One man in Apocalypse, or not? (2)

Alpha helped Dylan to find a car so he could drive to the base. The gate guards were shocked looking at Dylan because all the people in the base knew that the young doc of Carmichael was dead after saving Sandra from the zombies a few days ago. Dylan was welcomed by a warm hug from his parents.

"Dylan, sweetie, thank you God, thank you for giving him back to us" cried his mother.

His father said nothing but his red eyes and tight hug told everything. His mother even wanted to hug him to sleep, afraid his only son suddenly disappeared.

"Mom, I'm fine, please don't be sad anymore," said Dylan helplessly.

"Yes, sweetie, let me hug you to sleep just for tonight ok"

"Ok, mom, let me shower first, I am dirty"

"Ok, ok, sweetie, I will cook your favorite food ok" said his mom happily.

His father hugged him once more before letting him go to his room.

Dylan smiled lovingly looking at his parents and went to shower. after shower, he was shocked looking at his reflection in the mirror.

"Oh my God, Alphaaaa!"

"What, what is it?"

"Look! Look at my reflection!"

"Ok, ok I'm looking on it, what's wrong?"

"I am so cuteeeeeee, look at that face, that round watery eyes, small nose, kissable lips, that slender and small body, that hips, that buttock, oh my God!"

"To tell you the truth, you are not that different in every world, even to your original body "

"Is that compliment, you are saying that I am cute on every occasion? Oh, Alpha, what a sweet sister are you"

"Whatever"

"My black hair and eyes make me cuter and shine brighter in this fair and soft skin. I can seduce anyone with this body, hehehe"

"Yes, yes, as usual"

"By the way, has this body ever met Richard?"

"No"

"Good, I will make a fateful encounter that makes him always think about me, hehehe"

"You. Why do you like the protagonist of every world?"

"What do you mean?"

"Your previous two lovers were protagonists, and now in this third world, you are eager to be with Richard"

Hearing Alpha's questions, Dylan got his first serious thinking.

Why? He thought.

Looking at the serious face of Dylan, Alpha got confused and busily called him.

"Dylan? Dylan!"

"Ah, well it just because of the top-notch handsomeness. I mean all protagonists must be very handsome right, haha. That must be it" answered Dylan trying to ignore the weird feeling in his heart.

Alpha looked at Dylan somehow not feeling right.

"Are you ok?" asked Alpha

"I- I don't know" answered Dylan weakly while sitting in the bed.

"Dylan?"

"I've never thought of it before, but actually I always feel kind of attraction toward them, like 'we're supposed to be together?"

"That- I'll try to look for it"

"What is it?"

"The feeling"

"It's ok, I think it's just the feeling of 'like'. I mean, I like them not because they're the protagonist of each world, it's just because I like them" smiled Dylan

"Dylan"

"Yes?"

"Your words, sound like scumbag"

"What?! Why scumbag, it's romantic!"

"It's because it came from your mouth," said Alpha

"Ughh. Alpha. I thought we're sisters"

"I'm not!"

"Of course you are~"

They both got busied bickering before being called by Dylan's mother to have dinner together.

The next morning, Dylan planned to look at the base and prepare for the fateful encounter with Richard yet his parents rejected him and said that Dylan need more rest. His mother didn't even want to go to work in order to accompany Dylan, fortunately, Dylan and his father could convince her, so Dylan spend his time alone in the house laying around in his bed. He was forced to take a rest for more than 3 days before getting permitted to go to the lab with them.

"Listen Dylan sweetie, don't work too hard ok, whenever you feel tired just take a rest or tell mom and we'll go back," said Dylan's mom

"It's ok mom, I'm fine, you can go back to your lab," said Dylan while smiling

"Ah my baby sweety is too kind, and listen stay away from that Sandra b***h, how dare she did that to my son, I can even tell she is lying from her fake crying face!" anger her

"Mom, your word," said Dylan weakly

"She is not a good girl, you are handsome and cute, there will be other women who will love you sweety, but not her, ok. Listen to your mommy, ok?"

"Yes, mom"

His father didn't say much but only hugged his mom and gave agreeing eyes to her.

Dylan sat in his office while smiling softly remembering his parent's concern and love toward him.

"My mom worries too much"

"That's because she loves you," said Alpha

"Well, she doesn't need to worry because there will be no woman for me, hehe"

Dylan was welcomed by the hugging and tears of the members of his research team. They even prepared a special hot chocolate drink for him which was quite hard to get in this apocalyptic world.

When they were talking and laughing, there was a woman who barged in while sobbing and hugging Dylan.

"Dylannn" she said while hugging Dylan

"Here we go, the disgusting heroine" said Alpha

"Dylan, I know you will be safe, I know it," said Sandra while sobbing

Dylan didn't give her a hug or replying her words. His team members only looked at her in silent contempt.

Sandra let her hug and looked at Dylan's face shyly.

"Dylan, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to leave you, I was in great shock that day, so we got the help delayed"

Dylan looked at Sandra calmly and said while smiling

"It's ok. It does not even break time; you have to get to work"

"Dy-Dylan, you are not angry with me right?"

"Sandra, let's get back to work, it's not good delaying our research"

Sandra looked at Dylan's calm and smiling face and got somehow confused. She felt that Dylan shouldn't be like this. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N : It's been a while, I've never expected it to take a long time to continue posting my story. Actually, I thought of not continuing this story, like I kind of lack life spirit, but somehow I can't and i don't.  Especially for those who asked about my condition and story. Thank you very much for loving this story. I feel grateful for your love and concern. Anyway, please welcome the new arc, and please don't forget to love Dylan and Alpha, and me of course, don't forget this cute author. 😘