Arc 3: One man in Apocalypse, or not? (3)

Sandra tried to ask to have lunch together.
"O-Ok, then, how about having lunch together later?"
"I'm afraid, I can't, I have to have lunch with my parents"
"Then, tomorrow?"
"Let's talk about it later, let's get to work now"

Dylan walked to his lab, while other members kindly pushed Sandra away and closed the door.
"You are too kind, doc," said one of his members
"Yeah, how could you be so calm facing her while knowing she gave you harm before," said another member.
"It's not her fault, that's my own decision to help her that time," said Dylan
"But, if it's not because of her, you can be saved quickly that time"
"The most important thing is I'm safe right now, and thank you so much for worrying me," said Dylan softly while patting his team's shoulders one by one before entering the lab.
"There you go, our soft and kind-hearted chief" sighed the team weakly.

Dylan spent his first week doing the research and going home with his parents. Alpha looked at Dylan weirdly.
"Didn't you say that you plan for the fateful encounter with Richard?"
"I am," said Dylan while chewing the soft marshmallow
"So?"
"So?"
"Ugh, I don't even see you trying to do anything besides eating and sleeping"
"Hey, I do the research ok"
"Fine, how about your plan? It's two weeks left before Richard's accident"
"Agh, you don't realize it?"
"Realizing what?"
"Why do you think I often walk around the military base?"
"Is that just because you want to run away from the research"
"Alphaa!!"
"Fine, then what is it?"
"Richard is a military man; he must be a person with high vigilance"
"So?" asked Alpha
"Sandra is suspicious but why does Richard believe in her so much in the original story?"
"Hmm, interesting go on," said Alpha with a slight compliment voice
"There's one thing"
"That is?"
"White lotus"
"What?" asked Alpha dumbfounded
"Looking at Sandra, I can say that Richard likes 'white lotus'" answered Dylan proudly
"You tell me the truth," said Alpha while sighing
"What is it?" asked Dylan with his curious face
"You don't have any plan at all, right?"
"I have, I have a plan" answered Dylan in guilty conscience
"Forget it, I should have known"
"Hehehe, fine, fine I don't. But with my appearance, it will be easy right?. hehehe"
Alpha didn't want to respond to Dylan for a while. Alpha felt like being fooled for believing that Dylan could think of a plan"
"Alpha, come on, don't be angry okay?" coaxed Dylan
Alpha didn't give any response.

Dylan was sitting on the bench near the greenhouse of the base while in a daze because of trying to coax Alpha. He also sipped a banana milk which was rare in this apocalypse while dangling his leg with the happy face of finally successful in coaxing Alpha.

This was the sight that Richard saw. Richard just come back from the military meeting which made his head hurt and looked at Dylan somehow soothe him. His subordinates also followed his line of sight and they asked him.

"What's wrong lieutenant, sir?"
"Who is he?" asked Richard
They looked at the happy face of Dylan walking back to his office.
"He is Dylan Carmichael, the researcher who is magically safe from the zombies"
Hearing that, Richard was frowning, then continued to walk to his own office.

It was the next day.
Dylan went out of his office to have lunch with his parents when Sandra suddenly appeared with teary eyes.
"Dylan, wuwu"
Looking at Sandra, Dylan just sighs.
"What's wrong again?" asked Dylan in a flat tone
"You, you, why can't you forgive me?"
"Why does my forgiveness matter to you?"
"What?" asked dumbfounded Sandra
"After forgiving you, then what? Do you think I will entangle with you again?"
"N-no, Dylan, that's not what I mean, I just, I wish that we can be friends again, you, why do you become so cruel to me Dylan?" asked Sandra with an aggrieved face.

Before Dylan said something, Sandra looked in other directions when suddenly he acted of falling while crying miserably.
"It hurts, why did you do that?"
Alpha was gritting his teeth looking at Sandra. Alpha felt like owning a real body right now so it could choke Sandra hard. Dylan looked at Sandra with a stunned face. He heard footsteps and it was Richard.

Richard walked closer and looked at Dylan's stunned face he thought that his stunned face was cute. The term that never crossed his mind before. This was the second time he met him yet he felt like already knowing him. Then, looking at Sandra. He saw clearly that Sandra was lying. Richard looked at Sandra with his cold gaze. Looking at cold Richard, Sandra's words got stuck in his throat.

Dylan looked at Richard with his stunned face and said hurriedly.
"I-I didn't do anything!"
Looking at stuttering Dylan, Sandra felt that she had a chance. She had seduced many men, and she acknowledged that seducing Richard was the hardest, but she believed so much in her charm. No men resist her cham.
"Dylan, I know I am at fault, you don't have to blame yourself," said Sandra trying to be pitiful.
Richard didn't give any second glance toward Sandra. He stood up in front of Dylan and said with his deep voice.
"I need to talk to young Doc of Carmichael"
Leaving Sandra in her aggrieved state, Richard followed Dylan to go back to his office.

Dylan clumsily prepared a cup of tea for Richard. He sat in front of Richard timidly.
"That, what is it, sir?" asked Dylan in wary
Richard sat there looking at Dylan saying nothing. He looked at Dylan while smiling softly.
Dylan looked at Richard's smiling face and bowed his head feeling shy.
"I heard that you magically safe from Zombie's bite"
"Y-yes?"
"Do you know why?" asked Richard while sipping his tea.
"N-no"
"You are a rare case. I plan to observe you. How about it?"
"Observe? Like monitoring?"
"Sort of, but I will not dwell too much on your privacy. I will talk to your parents too"
"T-that, does that mean you'll be with me most of the time?"
"Yes. Do you mind?"
"Can I think about it first?"
"Of course you can, I don't want to force you"
"T-thank you"
Looking at Dylan's shy face, Richard looked at him deeply before getting up
"I'll give you 24 hours to think"
"Ah, i-is that too fast?"
"Too slow for me"
"Eh?"
"Then, I'll visit you again tomorrow"
Richard exited Dylan's lab while Dylan showed a proud face to Alpha.
"See?" said Dylan smugly
Alpha said nothing and pretended to be asleep.

A/N :
Ahh, it's been a while. I know, it's more than a year since I don't give any updates and I'm sorry for that. Somehow, I can't give the proper plot for this arc, resulted in one chapter update only. I have searched for many ideas for this arc, and you know what, it produces a new story. oh my god, I'll post a new story guys, so wait for it. Don't worry i will not drop Dylan, he's my first son anyway, but i'm afraid it will be in slow updates. Anyway, it's the last day of 2023, i hope the new year will give a new life for me and you guys. Love (๑ˊ͈ ॢꇴ ˋ͈)〜♡॰ॱ