17: The Long Chapter

TW: blood / gore, violence
(Yeah I haven't done these before but I felt like it was necessary)

Xisuma barging in must have startled controlled Ren.

The sword that he'd been holding to his chest plunged haphazardly into his side. Controlled Ren yanked the sword from himself and he and Other Iskall cackled in delight.

Ren cried out in agony and collapsed to the ground while Other-Iskall sprinted out. Xisuma dropped to his knees and whipped out his communicator to call Stress.

"Pick up, pick up pick up!" Xisuma wrapped an arm around Ren and pulled the wolf in closer.

"Ello Xisuma—"
"Stress! We're in Town Hall and Ren got stabbed! It was Xe—Other-Iskall!"
"I'm in the shopping district now, Im coming!"

Stress fought back a swell of tears and dashed towards Town Hall. She could hear Ren moaning and sobbing through her communicator. Xisuma was muttering what sounded like 'no no no' over and over.

Not a minute later she burst into the fancified building and frantically searched for Ren and Xisuma. "We're over here Stress!" She heard the admin yell. She ran into the makeshift cell room.

Xisuma sat on the floor, clutching Ren tightly in his arms. The two were surrounded by a small puddle of Ren's blood. Xisuma's eyes were wide with fear.

Stress was dumbfounded. The size of Ren's wound was something she'd never seen before. She quickly kneeled beside the two and placed a hand to Ren's side. It made an odd squelch noise that caused her to grimace, and almost look away. But Ren's pained expression snapped her back to attention. Stress took a deep breath and spread her fingers, repairing tissues and regenerating muscle.

"Ohmygosh!" Exclaimed a voice behind them, belonging to Scar. Stress jumped in shock, causing her hand to press harder into Ren's side by accident. The wolf shrieked in pain and gasped for air. He thrashed violently in Xisuma's lap.

"Ren! You're making it worse! Ren!" Stress grabbed his shoulders and tried to force him to stop moving. Scar appeared next to her and dig through a satchel he had. The wizard pulled out two bottles, pouring the contents of one into the other. He murmured an odd incantation. Stress had stopped Ren's thrashing and was continuing her healing process.

"This'll sting, but it'll help a lot" Scar showed off his concoction to Stress, who motioned for him to pour it over. Scar did so.

Ren groaned significantly louder. Xisuma patted his dog ears gently and stroked through his hair.

"It's working! Scar it's working!" Stress could see the potion kicking in. With its assistance, she was able to close the wound. There was still some internal damage, but Ren would live!

Scar didn't seem as excited. "Stress, you may not want to celebrate just yet... blood loss may still be an issue." Scar stared at the pool they were sitting in.

Stress pondered for a little. "I'm going to step outside and talk with Scar." She suddenly grabbed Scar's hand and dragged him out of the room, leaving Xisuma and Ren alone.

The admin rocked back and forth slowly. Though Ren was healed, his breathing was labored.

"Ren.. I'm so sorry, I never should have left." He hugged the wolf a little tighter.

"N-not your fau -lt" Ren answered, attempting a smile.

"It's gonna be okay Ren..." Xisuma doubted his own words. He was so confused by what he'd witnessed. How Ren has stabbed himself. He'd been controlled, right? How had Other-Iskall gotten out?