21: A Rubbish Rescue and a Red Thumbtack

TW: diorite
and implied "torture"
Oh and also False cusses a bit
————

<_X3r3x1s_ started a private chat with FalseSymmetry>

<_X3r3x1s_> hi :)

<FalseSymmetry> finally got your hands on a communicator I see

<FalseSymmetry> does this mean no more telepathy? its anoying

<_X3r3x1s_> yeah yeah sure

<_X3r3x1s_> how r u doing?

<FalseSymmetry> im currently 100 blocks in the air flying to the not-so-secret-anymore secret base with four other hermits in tow and their about figure everything out and Im basically screwed.

<FalseSymmetry> so yeah, Im doing great.

<_X3r3x1s_> I see you can still sarcasm just fine through text.

<_X3r3x1s_> also, *they're* not their

<FalseSymmetry> I will murder you

<_X3r3x1s_> Whoa, hold your horses there miss sithy sith face, no need for killage

<FalseSymmetry> But I thought you approved of violence?

<_X3r3x1s_> NOt wHeN ITs DiREcTed aT ME!!!

<FalseSymmetry> ugh

<FalseSymmetry> just please tell me youve at least moved Doc already and have a plan to fix this whole mess?

<_X3r3x1s_> yes yes yes, and Falsie?

<FalseSymmetry> w h a t.

<_X3r3x1s_> I don't fix things. I break hermits. And that's just what I'm gonna do.

~~~

To say Iskall was worried was the understatement of the server. They were the epitome of nervousness, the definition of anxiety. Though, in all honesty, they weren't sure why they were all that worried in the first place.

Iskall and Xisuma had already gone over their precise plan with the other three about seven times, and Iskall had ran it through their head about a million times. It wasn't new, it wasn't sudden, and Iskall already knew the enemy like the back of their hand.

So why were they so worried?

Maybe it was because they knew that at anytime, Evil X could just invade their mind again and know what the five of them were up to.

Iskall swallowed thickly, looking down at the rockets gripped tightly in their clammy hands. The group was flying to an area just outside the secret base. Well, it wasn't secret anymore.

Iskall looked over to the others. They were basically flying in a V-shape, like birds, with Xisuma in the front. False and xB both sported regular elytra, while Xisuma's looked the same but in shimmery indigo. Stress' elytra, on the other hand, merged into her butterfly wings, giving them a gorgeous purpley pattern. Iskall themself just flew with a combination of their telekinesis for lift and rockets for speed.

They took in a deep breath through their nose and closed their eyes for a second. The wind whipped past their ears, muffling the sounds of False tapping on her communicator and xB quietly mumbling to himself. When Iskall reopened their eyes, they saw Stress shoot them a soft smile, a token of confidence.

Ahead of them, Xisuma dipped down into a slow spiral, and the others followed suit. Below the group sprawled a large plains biome, dappled with trees, that merged into an even grander sea of sand that was the desert. Iskall landed with a soft thud right where the grass and sand muddled together in the middle.