20: Snippets

Snippets and clippets and bobits and bits of thises and thats!

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

False heaved a sigh as she felt Ex release his control.

"I'm sorry, Falsie, I really am. It won't happen again."
'It better not. Ughhhhh, I gotta go on a 'rescue mission' now.'
"I've gotta plan, don't you worry..."
'Why do I feel like I should be worrying?'

False rolled her eyes. The other hermits milled about, chattering endlessly. Some were panicked, others hopeful. And now that all of them were in one place, False had a question she'd been meaning to ask someone.

A genuine curiosity.

The sith made her way to none other than Joe Hills, the resident prophet. He wasn't talking with anyone, rather, pacing and biting at his fingernails.

"Hey Joe," She started.

"Oh! H-hi." Something in his voice seemed scared. False wondered why for a moment, but Joe was always one to be skiddish, and in their current situation, he had a reason to be.

"So I, uh, had a question for you,"

"Oh? Fire away."

"When you gave that prophecy, a few days back, you said you had a vision along with it right? Of, um, me?"

Joe hitched a breath. "Th-that..." he started glancing around nervously.

False, determined to keep up her reputation, tried to back off. "You don't have to tell me about it, it's alright!"

"N-no, it's okay." He paused to think, before speaking defensively. "Okay, you - you were- were being controlled or something, you had to be...

It was bad False. It was really bad."

"If I was doing something bad, it must've been Ex, right? Right Joe?"

"Y-Yeah... had to be."

"I can tell it's making you nervous, so you don't have to say anymore. I've gotta get ready for the rescue anyways sooo..."

Joe nodded quickly, humming an okay. He wanted to tell her, he really did. He just, couldn't find the words to. And Joe Hills could always find the words to say something.

"Just, stay safe, okay?" He called after her as she started to leave. False nodded, a kind shine in her eyes.

Gods. Joe was trying to get over the vision. It was only reasonable that False wanted to know about it, of course. But...

He let himself re-live the memory of the vision.

It was a single picture. False stood in a lunged position, lightsaber out. But the image was wrong in every way, shape, and form.

Her lightsaber was red. Jedi do not have red lightsabers.

Her eyes were crazed and... excited. And worst of all, they weren't controlled eyes. She was doing it on her own. Or maybe she wasn't. Joe didn't know.

What she was doing was the worst part. There was another hermit in the vision.
Their face was clouded, but seeing their unmistakable clothing, Joe knew exactly who it was.
And False's lightsaber was plunged directly into their gut.

...

What was Joe supposed to do?! Would the vision come true? Was it a terrible nightmare? Did he tell False, did he tell the other hermit? Would the other hermit live?

Why couldn't he find the words to even say anything about it?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Stress glanced rapidly across the crowd, looking for one hermit in particular.