12: Pavillion pREdICaMenT

A few days had passed and no one had made any headway.

On anything.

And for the record, Grian was not having a therapy session with Professor Beak. He was just talking, aloud, in front of his pet parrot. And pacing. And voicing his concerns.

Okay so maybe he was ranting while biting at his fingernails.

Either way he was interrupted by a ping from his comm, in a specific tone he'd set for private messages.

(Headcannon: Grian's PINGtones are of himself saying a catchphrase from the specific hermit in a funny voice, example: for mumbo, iM cHufFeD tO bITs)

Grian pulled out the device, and stopped pacing in the process. Well, finally Zedaph had gotten back to him.

He still really wanted to talk to Zed about his whole theory in person, because if whoever had possessed Iskall really was someone Zed knew, he might not say it through text. Or if it's a friend of Zed's, he might cover for them.

Not that Grian didn't trust Zedaph to do the right thing of course. It was just for Grian's own comfort. And definitely not for plot convenience.

He looked to the comm in his hand.

{|•{|•{|•
<Zedaph> Hey gri, u available today? I know u wanted to talk or something

<Grian> Yeah, totally!

<Grian> now?

<Zedaph> 15 min? Meet me in the shopping district?

<Grian> Sure! And thanks again

<Zedaph> np, also Impulse is tagging along

<Grian> okay, also omw
•|}•|}•|}

Grian snapped his communicator shut and ran down the hall quickly. He reached his storage area and fished a notebook from one of his chests. Just in case talking to Zed actually was a lead into what was going on with Iskall, Grian wanted to take down some notes. Like a PrEpaREd bIrB.

So, as he headed out with his notebook tucked safely under his arm, Grian jumped into the air, and with a beat of his wings, soared into the sky. Gods, it felt so good to fly again. Sure, he'd only been rendered flightless for a few days, but Grian flew so often that it had been a painstakingly long few days. I mean, he'd spent nearly all of yesterday doing loop de loops in his front yard.

The wind ruffled his hair and kissed his cheeks and he leaned into it. The jungle underneath him quickly turned into ocean, and then into the mycelium that made up the shopping district island. Grian slowed and descended in a wide spiral, landing near the mayoral pavilion. He shot Zed a quick message saying where he was.

The mayoral pavilion was a wide, open area where each candidate had been putting up their campaign posters. Tall quartz pillars were arranged in an oval shape, with a smooth tiled floor beneath, and a rounded roof above. Each pillar was plastered with posters and slogans. Grian smiled to himself at the great quantity of 'Mumbo for Mayor' posters scattered around, there were way more than any of the others.

Doing a slow spin, he noticed Joe in the distance, probably doing some shopping, or attending to business. Grian gave the prophet/poet a friendly wave, and went back to dawdling around.

After a few minutes, Grian heard the clicking of hooves against tile behind him, and spun around to see Zedaph. The sheep hybrid gave a little wave, and Impulse stepped out from behind him.

"Hi Zed! Hi Impulse!" Grian called out as the two approached. "You alright Impulse? You look real nervous," he added on.

"He's okay," Zed answered for Impulse, nudging the man with his elbow. "He's just worried 'bout Tango. He's too much of a mother hen."