1: Swim Test

All stories gotta start someplace, with someone too. Let's start with...
hmmm....

Tango. Tango of the Tek variety.

Shall we tune in to see what happens to our little blonde friend?

~~~

Tango knew he'd remember it all started on a Tuesday. Because, coincidentally, of all the days in the week, Tuesday had always seemed the most cursed.

To start off, he'd woken up at the ungodly hour of 4:30 in the morning. With constant pressure and building came stress and with stress came insomnia. He stared at his blank ceiling, finding sleep impossible now that his mind spiraled with thoughts.

With a deep sigh and a pang of hunger from his stomach, Tango swung his legs over the bed's edge. But as soon as his feet contacted the cold concrete floor of his base, the world rippled.

His vision was plagued with little squiggles as the earth shifted and moved around him. Walls distorted, windows blinked, and, for a second, the floor was miles away. Textures blipped into scrolling lines of code around him. Tango frantically jumped up and yelped in shock, overwhelmed by a sudden dizziness. It felt unreal, like a nightmare and so, so wrong.

But almost as quickly as it had begun, the nightmare's lifespan was ended abruptly. Tango blinked once, twice, to ensure the world had returned seamlessly to normal. Slight nausea still sat at the bottom of his stomach though. The whole experience had only lasted a few seconds at most, but was jarring nonetheless.

It was a glitch, he realized. A terrible, horrible glitch.

Maybe Tango was exaggerating, jumping to conclusions. It could have just as well been an update, right? It was still early in the season, were they due for an update?

Xisuma. He had to tell Xisuma, if the admin didn't already know what had happened himself.

Tango sent through a quick text in case the admin was awake. But looking down at his shaking hands, he decided he should probably go tell X in person.

He felt in near hysterics, pulling on his outfit and elytra. The cold, dewy air of early morning when he stepped out wasn't nearly as shocking as the glitch. Forcing down a shiver, Tango lit his rockets and shot towards Xisuma's.

In the air, he pulled out his comm, checking whether anyone had responded to his panicked, poorly spelled message in the group chat. There was one response, not from X, but from Doc, saying he'd seen the glitch too.

Realizing he was almost there, Tango shot his head up and almost crashed into one of Xisuma's towers. Jolting away at the last second, he clumsily landed and started looking for Xisuma.

He called out to the admin, peeking through doorframe after doorframe, and nervously running a hand through his hair.

"Tango? Wots going on?" Came a sudden, tired voice. Tango spun around to see a very sleepy looking Xisuma, helmet off and messy chocolate hair falling into his eyes. He'd clearly just jumped out of bed, rubbing his freckled eyelids.

"Xisuma! World— Glichtificated! It was all woooozsh," Tango stuttered, making wild hand motions and panic bubbling in his voice.

"Whoa, whoa, what glitched?"

"I dunno everything?" Tango wrung his hands nervously. "I'm sorry for waking you up"

"Nono no, its fine Tango," Xisuma started typing rapidly on his comm, pulling up admin screens, swiping some off to hover translucent in front of him. After a second of searching he spoke again. "Okay, it does look like a glitch ran through the system, but I don't see any affects right now."