12

Bela wakes up early in the morning and changes into a normal dress. She rushes downstairs, greets her parents and then goes to kitchen to cook.

Neha: Bela, what's the need for you to cook?

Vikram: I guess Juhi wished to eat something good and so Bela is preparing it.

Juhi: No papa. I didn't ask anything to Bela di.

Bela: Offo... Let me get the chance to answer your questions. Actually I wanted to make a sweet and offer it to God today before breakfast so that everything goes well in the engagement of my little sister.

Neha: That is such a good thought.

Juhi: Aww Di. You are so sweet.

Bela: I love you and want you to be happy forever. That is why all these prayers and offerings are compulsory. Now let me work on it.

Bela gets busy in preparing the kheer. After preparation, the family does aarti together and then Bela offers the kheer to God. She then gives one spoon of the kheer to everyone in the home.

 She then gives one spoon of the kheer to everyone in the home

Neha: Bela, do one thing. Keep few of it in a box and give it to Sumitra di and family also. Even they need blessings of God.

Bela: Yeah. I will do that. Then let me give the prasad to them first. I will have breakfast later.

Juhi: But di, you will fall weak if you don't eat something.

Bela: Its ok. I will have my breakfast on the way back to home.

She rushes with the packed prasad to Sehgal house. Everyone, including Chhavi, is about to eat breakfast when Bela enters the home. Seeing her, Sumitra smiles happily and welcomes her.

Bela: Actually I came to gave prasad to everyone. Since today is such an important day, I made this kheer and offered it to God.

Sumitra: So sweet of you,dear. Come and serve it yourself to everyone.

Bela serves a little bit of kheer in everyone's plate and is about to serve to Chhavi but she denies.

Chhavi: Eww no. I don't eat sweet. Even for cake, I order sugar free one.

Bela: But I made this sugar free.

Chhavi: Still... I don't want to eat it.

Mahir: Its God's prasad. Have a little bit.

Chhavi: Please baby. Don't force me. I don't want to have it.

Sumitra rolls her eyes in irritation and tells, " Bela its ok. Not everyone needs to understand our emotions. Give the box to me. And by the way, did you have your breakfast? "

Bela: No aunty. But I am going home and having it now.

Sumitra: Now silently sit here and eat. You should never go empty stomach from this house. Ok?

Bela smiles and happily agrees. She sits beside Yuvi and everyone have breakfast. Later Bela calls her parents and tells them she will be back in lunch time as she needs to help Sumitra to which her family agrees. Bela helps Sumitra in decorating the worship room with flowers and lights.

Sumitra: Andy was saying that there isn't need to decorate this room but I was adamant to do it.

Bela: Of course. When the whole house is getting decorated then pooja room should be the first one to look beautiful.

Sumitra: Exactly.

Sumitra then takes Bela to her room and shows some jewellery and saree she bought for Juhi.

Bela: Wow. These are so beautiful.

Sumitra: Yes. Juhi will look great in it. But you sure she will like it?

Bela: Of course aunty. She will love anything you give her because she knows that every gift has hidden blessings in it.

Sumitra: I wish Chhavi also understood the same thing. See, I don't mind taking Chhavi for shopping and letting her select dresses or sarees for herself but sometimes I wish to give my daughter in-laws few things which are of my choice.

Bela: Its ok aunty. She is a bit modern and so she doesn't like these things. But don't worry... You can fulfill all your such wishes through Juhi.

Sumitra smiles and caresses Bela's cheek.

Sumitra (in mind) : I wish Mahir had selected you instead of Chhavi. You know how to respect elders as well as stand for yourself.

Bela: Aunty, I think I should leave now. Juhi will be sitting all tensed about her make up and if I become late, she will eat me alive.

Sumitra chuckles and agrees. Bela goes back to her home and then rushes to Juhi's room who, as expected, was sitting tensed in her room with her clothes and jewellery.

Juhi: Thank God you came back Di. I am so tensed about my makeup.

Bela: Its ok sweetheart. I am there for you. We will start your makeup and hair once we finish lunch.

Juhi (shocked): What? After lunch? So much time will be wasted and...

Bela glares at Juhi who bends her eyes and stops speaking.

Bela: You trust your di, right?

Juhi: Yes.

Bela: So don't worry. You will be ready way before you have to start from this home.

Juhi nods ok. Bela then takes out her outfit and jewellery along with make up items and gets them ready for wearing. After lunch, Bela helps Juhi get ready beautifully in her lehenga and then she herself gets ready.

To be continued...