16

Bela is crying silently sitting near the window while Juhi and Yuvi try to calm her down.

Bela: I can't understand... Why... Why she is blaming me? What did I do? I did nothing.

Juhi: Of course di. You need not explain anything to anyone. Calm down.

Yuvi: Yeah di. Please calm down and I am sorry from her behalf. I am really sorry. I don't know what Mahir bhai sees in her but she is the worst thing that happened in all lf pur lives. She didn't have the minimum decency to wait till the end of the event to talk and sort it out.

Juhi: I hate your brother for this, Yuvi and I will stay quiet. He and his darling girlfriend should apologise to my di and my parents. How dare she raise her hand on my di? If not for your brother I would have shown her the right place.

Mahir enters the room to see Bela still crying and JuYu very angry. He walks towards Bela only to be blocked by Juhi.

Juhi: I think your gf did enough felicitation to my sister. You need not do it anymore.

Mahir: I am sorry Juhi. Please let me talk to Bela. ( To Bela) I am extremely sorry Bela. I didn't know your name was written on the gift and that's why ...

Yuvi: Bhai... What do you mean by Bela's name written on the gift? Which gift you are talking about?

Mahir tells how mysteriously Bela's name was written on the gift instead of Chhavi's and how Chhavi misinterpreted all these.

Yuvi: You mean she created all these stupid drama because there was a confusion in name card on her gift? Seriously?

Mahir: I know. That's too disgusting how she reacted and I know its my mistake that I didn't check all that and...

Bela (interrupting Mahir): No Mahir. Its not your mistake... Its my mistake that I agreed to go with you to buy a gift for your girlfriend. Its my mistake that I thought everything will be sorted out between you and her once you both name your relationship. Its my mistake that I suggested how to convince your mother for your marriage with your gf. And its my mistake that I let you play with my heart even when you are ready to get married to your so-called girlfriend. Its all my mistake. Seriously...!!

Mahir stands shocked hearing this. He falls short of words recalling how Bela stood by him in every single problem and helped him.

Mahir sits on his knees and says, " I am sorry Bela. I am really sorry. I should have never loved that psycho girl. I should have never let her hurt our family members. I am really sorry. Juhi and Yuvi, I am sorry to you both as well. Because of me, even your special day got spoiled. I am really sorry. "

Juhi: Di, lets go from here.

Juhi holds Bela's hand and starts walking only to be stopped by Bela.

Juhi: Di, lets go.

Bela: I need to talk to Mahir .

Juhi: But ..

Bela: Alone! I need to talk to Mahir alone.

Juhi: We will be outside. Call for me if you need something.

Juhi and Yuvi walk out of the room and stand in the corridor. Juhi looks at Yuvi and sees him lost in some thoughts.

Juhi: What are you thinking?

Yuvi: Have you heard what Bela di told few minutes back?

Juhi: What? To leave them alone...

Yuvi: No ... Before that...

Juhi: I don't understand what you want to say.

Yuvi: Do you remember Bela di saying, ' Its my mistake that I let you play with my heart even when you are ready to get married to your so-called girlfriend.'

Juhi widens her eyes and looks at Yuvi.

Juhi (angrily): You mean that what Chhavi was saying is true?

Yuvi: No No No... Don't get me wrong. I am not saying that Bela di tried to spoil their relationship but... I am sure something was happening without the knowledge of anyone of us... Something was for sure happening between them...

Juhi: I guess you are right. Or else why would Di say those lines.

In Behir's room.

Mahir: Thank you for agreeing to talk to me. I promise Bela. I will fond out how this confusion took place and I will sort things out.

Bela: I don't care about that card or gift or what was written on it. Tell me one thing. Who am I to you?

Mahir: A... You... You are a good friend to me.

Bela: So you mean that you behave like this with your every good friend?

Mahir: Means? I don't understand.

Bela walks to Mahir and holds his kurta with both hands.

Bela: Why were you trying to get intimate with me when you are so much in love with your gf? Why were you kissing me in that changing room or dancing so close to me even today in your engagement party? Why Mahir? Is this how you treat your good friends?

To be continued...