20

Juhi and Bela go downstairs to their parents' room.

Neha: Bela, Juhi... I just got a call from Sumitra. What is she saying?

Juhi and Bela look at each other in shock and then at Neha.

Neha: I didn't know that I am not a good friend of you both. Both my daughters hid about their love from me. Do you think I will get angry on you people for such things?

Bela: Maa... I...

Neha makes Bela sit beside her and then Juhi sits beside Bela.

Neha: If you had told us about your feelings for him, we would have fixed your marriage with...

Juhi cuts her words in between and asks, " Mom are you serious? "

Neha: What happened?

Juhi: Mahir got engaged to some other girl yesterday and broke it the same day. He was flirting with Bela di while being in relationship with Chhavi. He is such unstable that he doesn't even have a clarity what to do in life. And you are saying that you want Bela di to marry that person?

Neha: But Bela loves him.

Bela: Yes Maa. I love him but that doesn't mean I will marry him. How can I be with a guy who isn't sure about his own feelings?

They hear a knock on the door and look at it to find Mahir standing. Neha greets him and welcomes him inside. Mahir enters and then touches Neha's feet out of respect. He then walks towards Bela.

Neha: Mahir, you came here now? I mean... You have any work?

Mahir: Can I... Can I talk to Bela alone for sometime?

Juhi: No...

Bela holds her hand and signs not to say anything. She then looks at Neha.

Neha: Haa... Sure. Go to Bela's room and talk. I will make tea for you both. Come Juhi, help me.

Juhi looks at Bela who assures its fine. Then Juhi goes away with Neha. Bela then walks towards her room while Mahir follows her.

Bela: What is there to talk, Mahir?

Mahir: I understand your worries and your thoughts are absolutely justified. I will wait for you all my life. But before you even take a decision, I want to tell you few things.

Bela: But...

Mahir: Please listen to me.

Bela nods in ok.

Mahir: You won't be the first girl I will share my bed with. I have been with Chhavi for so many years and we had too much of physical intimacy. I really want you to know and understand what I am saying.

Bela looks at Mahir in shock.

Mahir: If this adds to your list of reasons to reject me, so be it. But I want clear about my past to you.

Bela takes a deep breath trying to accept what he said.

Mahir: Even if so many things happened between me and Chhavi, I couldn't feel the love that I feel for you. I am not comparing you with her but you are always special for me. I love you from the core of my heart. And one more thing.

Bela looks at Mahir who has a confidence and a calmness filled in his face.

Mahir: Even if I fell in love with you, even if I realised Chhavi isn't the one for me, I didn't end relationship with her just because I was equally responsible for the equation we had. I decided to stay with Chhavi and keep my promise to her till she herself broke it. I am not unstable. Yes, I may have got carried away with my feelings when I was with you but I am sure that if things didn't get spoil yesterday, I would have still chose to marry her. I never back out of my promises.

Bela: But ...

Mahir: Take your time... Think about what I told you.... Think about what you want in your life and if you want me to be with you in your life or not. Tell me only when you want to. There is no hurry. I can wait for you all my life.

Mahir leaves from the room while Bela sits on the couch holding her head. Tears start falling from her eyes as her heart gets heavy. Seeing Mahir leave, Juhi runs to Bela's room and sits beside her.

Bela: He told me those things which I couldn't even think of in my dreams.

Juhi: What did he say?

Bela tells Juhi everything.

Juhi: But di, how can he...

Bela cuts her sentence in between and says, " Please don't talk about this with anyone... Not even Yuvraj. And let me be alone for a while. "

Juhi: Ok. But call me whenever you need something.

Bela: Ok.

Juhi leaves the room and goes to hers while Bela lies on the bed and starts thinking about what Mahir said.

To be continued...