Duel of droids

"Contact Obi-Wan. Stubby, scramble Secret Code Set 1477." Anakin ordered both of them." You were meditating and opened your eyes when you heard Anakin talking to Obi won. "Anakin, (N)." Obi-Wan answered. "Master, I believe we've found your Separatist listening post." Anakin hummed. "Excellent work. Back off and wait. I'll send two mainline cruisers to help you destroy it." "R2 is on board." You said waiting for Obi-Wan's reply. "this complicates things. You must sneak aboard that station and destroy it. before crack R2's memory banks. I know you're fond of that droid, but he has fallen into enemy hands." "I could rescue R2." Anakin suggested "No, this is not a rescue mission." Obi-Wan stated firmly. "keep jamming their scanners. If they spot us we're dead." Anakin said grimly to the clone trooper.

"We're bringing the droid?" Rex asked. You and you're team were about to infiltrate the listening post. "we'll need Goldie to open secured hatches and access the station's computers for us. Oh, and, Rex, you get to carry him." Ahsoka said with a smug tone. You stifle a laugh. Rex's eyes widen "Ah, that's just great." He muttered. "I heard that." You said while bumping his shoulder with a grin. "I had no doubt that you would." Rex said with a smile. "Plus didn't they tell you that this came with being captain? Congrats your captain now, you also get to carry the heavy thing nobody else wants to carry." Rex chuckled at that. What an attractive chuckle, you thought, feeling a warm fuzzy feeling all over your body. "No, they didn't tell me." Rex said still chuckling. "Well, now you know." You could feel that same warm feeling radiating off of Rex, similar to yours.

You are all standing waiting to jump down onto the listening post. You grinned at Rex you could feel his minor annoyance with the force. He really did not want to carry the droid. "Follow me!" Ahsoka yelled over her shoulder as she leaped from the ship. You loved the enthusiasm and energy that just bounces off of Ahsoka. Everyone around you looked dumbfounded. "Did she stutter? Come on let's move!" You say as you follow Ahsoka. After a moment everyone follows. You all land gracefully onto the post, well everyone except Rex. The poor man was having trouble landing because of the weight of the astromech, You were still going to tease him though.

"Next time, you're lugging this astromech around!" He yells at the other clone troopers. They all snicker in response. "Having trouble there Rex?" You say in a teasing tone. He turns to you. "I've got it all under control sir." "Are you sure? With the stumbling, I would have thought otherwise."You teased further. "Positive." Rex reassured. You make an opening into the listening post with your yellow lightsabers. As soon as you get in you cut one of the imperial droids with your sabers and the other droid gets destroyed by a clone trooper. "Alright stubby. get to work." Anakin orders the astromech. As soon as it sticks its thing into the plug it shows off a map of the listening post. "We are here. The reactors are 30 levels below us, there." Rex points out. "Ahsoka, you take the squad and blow up those reactors. Gravity will do the rest. Me and general (L/N) will meet you in the landing bay." Anakin tells Ahsoka. "where are you both going?" Ahsoka asks. "We are just gonna have a little look around." Anakin says. You knew we were really gonna be looking for R2. "I hope you find R2 in one piece." Ahsoka says well aware of Anakin's intentions.

"So." Anakin said looking at you with knowing eyes and a big stupid grin. You give him a confused look. "So." You repeat. "How's Rex?" Anakin boldly asks. You're taken back a bit, but stay composed. "How would I know?" "Well you've been spending a good amount of time with him." Anakin said, shrugging. "I enjoy his company and I respect him as a captain." You said trying to feel no emotion knowing full well that Anakin was trying to sense your emotions through the force. "Alright, alright I'll leave it alone... for now, but If you ever want help with that I'll be there." Anakin said sincerely. "You better, I can't count the amount of times I've helped you with Padme'." You said. "So you admit it!" Anakin said a bit excited and smug. "I'm not sure! I don't know if it's friendship or something more I want from him, but if It ever came to me liking him like that I'd let you know I promise."