Carnage of Krell

"General Krell, I respectfully request you reconsider court-martialing Fives and Jesse," I asked. "The actions of ARC trooper 5555 and CT-5597 were a clear act of treachery and disregard for my command. If punishment isn't swift, their defiance may inspire others to follow suit." General Krell elaborated. "Sir, the men are with you. It's just that some of them feel you're putting their lives in danger needlessly." I explained. "All the more reason to send a clear message that I am in charge, and insubordination will not be tolerated. The truth is, these clones have had a difficult time respecting my command since the beginning. I've seen it before. Some clones are just defective. They aren't able to succumb to authority. You're right, Captain. I don't think I can court-martial them. It will only be a waste of time, and that's something we don't have. I'm afraid they'll need to be disposed of. Prepare a squad for execution." He ordered. "What? But-but, sir--" I started to plea. "You heard me, Captain!" General Krell yelled. "Have it done immediately, or I'll do it myself." He warned.

I walk into the Umbaran brig with four troopers. Once on the lower level, I make my way to Fives and Jesse's cell. "Fives, Jesse, I'm sorry. General Krell has ordered your execution immediately." I informed them. "What? But how? He can't do this." Jesse retorted. "He has authority to render punishment during combat," I explained. "I can understand a court-martial and locking us up in the brig, but executing us?" Jesse questioned. "I tried to convince him that it's my fault, but he wouldn't let me," I told them. "Rex you have to face it. He's been using you. He needs your loyalty to control the others." Fives pointed out. "I won't let him get away with this," I promised. They both walked out with their hands handcuffed by the troopers next to me. "Ah, don't beat yourself up about it. We made our choice. We knew what the price was." Fives stated. "Yeah, speak for yourself," Jesse argued. "Heh. Still got your sense of humor, I see." Fives chuckled with a tinge of sadness. "Yeah, who said I was joking?" Jesse asked. "Well... I guess this it." Fives said, giving out a dreadful sigh.

I walk out of the brig with Fives and Jesse. The men march in a lineup with blaster rifles pointed up at the sky. They come to a halt once Dogma comes over. "Line up the prisoners!" Dogma ordered. "Well, I've officially lost my sense of humor," Jesse admitted. I look up at the tower and see General Krell peering down, to observe the execution. "Will the prisoners request to be blindfolded?" Dogma asked. Fives and Jesse remained silent. "I'll take that as a no." Dogma continued, unfazed. "I hope you can live with yourself, Dogma." Fives ridiculed. "Ready Weapons." Dogma ordered. I close my eyes and ball my hands into a fist. I couldn't watch this. "Aim." Dogma ordered. I could hear the troopers aim their blaster rifles at them. I open my eyes so that I can see my friends one last time. "Wait! This is wrong. And we all know it. The general is making a mistake, and he needs to be called on it. No clone should have to go out this way! We are loyal soldiers. We follow orders, but we are not a bunch of unthinking droids! We are men. We must be trusted to make the right decisions, especially when orders we are given are wrong." Fives protested. "Fire!" Dogma ordered. The troopers fired without hesitation. Once the dust cleared I could see several holes in the wall and none in Fives and Jesse, who were still standing unharmed. "What... what happened?" Dogma asked the troopers. The troopers dropped their weapons. "They're doing the right thing, Dogma, because if this is how soldiers are rewarded for heroic actions, then one day, every man in this battalion may face a similar fate. I explained. "Take off their binders," I ordered. "No, we have orders. We have to go through with this." Dogma retorted. "Good luck finding anyone to do it," I told him.

"You wanted us, sir?" I asked. General Krell had called both me and Dogma into the tower after refusing to kill Fives and Jesse. "I ordered those clones to be destroyed. You are making a mistake by crossing me, clone." General Krell warned, getting in your face to intimidate you. "It's Captain, sir." I corrected. "General, there's an incoming transmission." a trooper informed General Krell. "Put it through". General Krell ordered. General, the Umbarans have stepped up their offensive. We're holding them off, but their squadron has ambushed one of our platoons, seizing weapons and uniforms. We believe they may be planning to launch a massive attack." The trooper informed. "Looks like you have your stay of execution for now. Lock the traitors in the brig and prepare your platoons to move out immediately. We need to preempt the enemy by hitting them now with everything we've got. We're finally going to take the capital." General Krell announced, walking into the elevator. "And, Captain, make sure the troops are aware that the enemy may disguise themselves as clones to try to trick us." General Krell told you. "I will, sir." I complied.