Front Runners

*Authors Note: Hello, it's been awhile. A lot has happened and I've been on hiatus for so long. First off, I meant to release Taking a Chance chapters back in December. I had a Christmas special planned and everything. Just to catch you guys up somethings have happened with me and my parents, mental health and The passing of someone in my family. It hasn't been easy, but as of recently I started to feel better. I'll try to release chapters every week or every other week, but no promises. I hope everyone is doing okay and I hope you enjoy future chapters. :)

You were carefully combing your way through Onderon's streets, avoiding multiple droid's gazes. You meet up with Anakin and Steela, on the rooftop of a tall building. Steela aims at a droid on a patrol port and takes it out in a single headshot. She then took a shot at the ray-shield controls and shut off the ray-shield. A DSD1 dwarf spider droid came out and shot at your post. You, Anakin, and Steela dodged out of the way of the shots. Rex and his group of rebels on ground level moved in and disabled the droid with a droid popper. A group of droids round the corner to find the rebels. Steela shoots at them before they can even react. They were all taken out in a matter of seconds by Steela and the rebels.

"That should give King Rash something to think about," Steela remarked.

"Hmm, I'm sure you've gotten his attention," Anakin added.

The three of you slid down the rooftop and made your way toward to rebel hideout.

Your group makes it back to the hideout and is greeted with nods by allies. You all walk into the dark room. You, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, and Skye sit down on the couch with Rex standing behind you. Lux, Steela, and Saw sit opposite your group.

"Your success will not go unnoticed." Anakin congratulated them. The rebels cheered in response.

"I agree, but we need to be mindful of public perception. What was your observation, Padawans?" Obi-Wan asked.

"The people were fearful master," Ahsoka answered.

"They looked like they were in fear of the rebels," Skye answered.

"Indeed. Judging from the reactions I saw today, I'm afraid they will mistake your intentions." Obi-Wan shared.

"We need to do more damage. A few dozen broken-down droids will do little to free Onderon." Saw announced.

"The People need to believe we can succeed. Without their support, our efforts are meaningless." Steela stated.

"If they're afraid they won't support us. We need to assure them of our intentions." Lux added. "I don't understand. Why are they afraid?" Saw asked. "They're afraid we're not strong enough to win. We need to earn their trust." Steela answered. "You'll have plenty of time to earn their trust. All of you are going to be very busy." Anakin assured. "Today was only a taste. You'll get your chance." Rex supported them. "In the meantime. Make the most of your victories. Welcome, and learn from them." Obi-Wan instructed. "Perhaps if we hit something big, gave a show of strength, They will overcome their fear and join us," Lux suggested. "Do you have something in mind?" Ahsoka asked. "I know the perfect target," Lux answered with a smirk.

Unfortunately, you couldn't find Annistor before you were about to leave. You would have to assume that he was on patrol with other rebels.

"I think they're ready to give the 501st some competition." Anakin teased Rex.

"Let's not get carried away, General, though these rebels have impressed me," Rex admitted.

"That by itself is quite the honor, isn't it?" You asked playfully. Rex ignores you but smiles anyway.

"We will share the developments with the Jedi Council," Obi-Wan informed.

"Ahsoka will remain here, along with Skye as an advisor." You instructed. "Monitor them and report back with their progress," Obi-Wan instructed. "Are you up for it, Snips? Or would you like to return to Coruscant?" Anakin asked with his hand on her shoulder. "No, Master. I want to stay." Ahsoka insisted, backing away from his hand. "Skye? Are you up for staying here with Ahsoka to advise?" You asked your Padawan. "I'm up for it, Master," Skye answered. "Good. We should continue to provide supplies and credits, but they must learn to operate on their own. Their survival depends on it." Obi-Wan advised. "Yes, Master," Ahsoka replied. "Remember your purpose." Anakin reminded Ahsoka. You pulled Skye aside. "Keep an eye on a rebel named "Annistor"." You asked. "Okay." Sky replied. You walked off with Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Rex, leaving the planet for, now.

When you made it back to the Jedi temple, all you had to do was relay the events on Onderon and then you were able to go home earlier than usual.

You took out a tub of ice cream and pulled out two bowls. You got some more Choco-blast ice cream for Rex and you. It was Rex's favorite ice cream and he would always finish it faster than you predicted. Finishing up with the ice cream, you walk over to Rex and hand him his bowl.

"Thanks." Rex thanked you.

"Mhmm." You replied.

The both of you sat in silence as rain poured outside and the holo-tv played in front of you. Awkward tension seemed to fill the air between the two of you. "So..." You spoke. "So," Rex responded. "I think we should talk about the other night." You managed to spit out. "You mean when we had-" "Yes." You answered before Rex could finish. Memories of that night flood into your mind. The touching, kissing, and licking, were so exhilarating and the noises the two of you made were still surprising. "If you want to you can. I didn't think about it that much after it happened." Rex admitted. You look away from him and a pang of hurt hits your chest. You didn't think that Rex meant it in a mean or hurtful way, but the way he said it made it sound like what happened didn't mean much to him. He sees your reaction and instantly regrets what he said. "What I mean is, it meant a lot to me and I hope it meant a lot to you too. I think we did something that we both wanted to do for a while. I'm glad that we got to do something that shows our love for each other. That's how I felt before we even did anything and I see nothing wrong with making you feel good, making each other feel good." Rex rephrased. "Was I good?" He asked. "Yes. You made me feel really good." You answered. "Was I good? Did I make you feel good?" You asked. Rex puts his hand on your waist and pulls you closer. "Yes." He then pulled you into a smoldering kiss. You both pulled away from the kiss and cuddled closer to each other, spending the rest of the evening listening to the rain and in each other's arms.

Taking a Chance :Captain Rex x Reader/or your OC fanficजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें