Voyage of Temptation

Dating Rex was amazing. You felt yourself becoming more comfortable around him and feel things getting easier between you two. Maybe it was because you knew where you stood with him now or that there was more talking and less awkwardness. You'd find him looking at you and he'll find you looking at him during briefings. It was also nice to know that there was someone holding your hand when no one was looking. Rex even spent more time in your apartment, sleeping in your bed more as time went on.

You, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Cody, and some of the 501st were tasked with making sure the Duchess of Mandalore made it safely to the conference. Luckily that included Rex on the mission. "You know your marching orders. The safety of the Duchess Satine is of the utmost importance. The death watch will stop at nothing to assassinate her before she pleads her case to the Senate." Obi-Wan reminded the group of clone troopers. "The Death Watch may be backed by the Separatists so stay sharp," Anakin warned. "R2, use your scanners to probe for any suspicious droid activity," Anakin instructed R2. "Anything else, Sir?" Rex asked Obi-Wan. "No, that will be all," Obi-Wan confirmed. Obi-Wan's comm starts to beep once the clone troopers spread out. "Yes?" Obi-Wan asked. "The duchess and her retinue requests your presence." An officer said through the communicator. "Very well," Obi-Wan replied. Obi-Wan, Rex, Anakin, Cody and you walk into the elevator to leave the clone troopers to do their jobs.

"I sense some anxiety from you about the duchess. She couldn't be in safer hands." Anakin assured Obi wan. "Yes, I know," Obi-Wan replied. "Then why...." Anakin started. "Never mind. It's all in the past." Obi-Wan interjected. "Oh, so you're close to her?" Anakin quickly asked. "I knew her," Obi-Wan said, snapping a bit at Ani's nosy intentions. "A long time ago," Obi-Wan said a bit longingly. if he's going to be nosy he should be more subtle about it. You could tell that Obi-Wan might have had long-held feelings for the duchess, but you weren't going to pry.

"War is intolerable! We have been deceived into thinking that we must be a part of it. I say the moment we committed to fighting we already lost." The duchess declared. "Excuse me, Your Grace, are you suggesting we oppose the war on humanitarian grounds?" One of the Senators asked. "I'm going to oppose it as an affront to life itself. As the designated regent of 1,500 systems, I speak for thousands of worlds that have urged me to allow to stay neutral in this war." The duchess continued. "And yet some may argue that the strongest defense is a swift and decisive offense," Obi-Wan interjected. "You are quite the general now aren't you, Master Kenobi?" The duchess commented. "Forgive me for interrupting, Your Highness. I meant no disrespect." Obi-Wan apologized. "Really,... Senators, I assume you are acquainted with the collection of half-truths and hyperbole known as Obi-wan Kenobi?" The duchess asked with insult to Obi-Wan. "Your highness is too kind." Obi-Wan complimented. You couldn't tell if he was being a bit sarcastic or not. You could usually tell from a mile away, being a sarcasm expert yourself. "You're right. I am." The duchess admits. Anakin and you smirk, then Anakin smirks looking between the two. "Allow me to introduce my fellow Jedi Anakin Skywalker and (F/N). "Your servant, My Lady," Anakin said with the utmost manners. "It is a pleasure and privilege to meet you, Your Highness." You added. Anakin smirks at you and mouths "Kiss ass." "I remember a time when Jedi were not generals but peacekeepers." The duchess scoffed. "We use our efforts to try to keep the peace and end the war." You tried to explain. "We are protectors, Highness. Yours at the moment. We fight for peace." Anakin politely argued. "What an amusing contradiction." The duchess comments. "What Master Skywalker and Master (L/N) means is that we are acting at the behest of Your Highness to protect you from the Death Watch and the Separatists who don't share your neutral point of view." Obi-Wan elaborated. "I asked for no such thing." The duchess objects. "That may be so, but the majority of your court did." Obi-Wan pointed out. "I do not remember you as one to hide behind excuses." The duchess said with venom. "I do not remember you as one to shrink from responsibilities. Obi-Wan retorted. "I am certain we all agree. Duchess Satine and General Kenobi have proven there are two sides to every dilemma." Senator Orn Free Taa broke in. You finish your drink and hand it to the female droid with very big breasts. "This is very entertaining, I'm going to go check on our men." You whispered to Anakin. You tap your nose while winking at Anakin. Anakin nods with a smirk. Even if you didn't do all of that Anakin knew that "Checking on our men" meant you were going to check on your man and the clones. You walk away to the lift to find Rex.