There's a First Time For Everything

You heard that there was a fair traveling to Coruscant. You were already pondering for the longest time on what kind of date you were going to take Rex on. He deserved the best first date the galaxy could offer. Fortunately, you and Rex found some free time for the date and have bought tickets early for the fair. Currently, you were walking with Rex, your fingers interlocked with his. The bright lights and signs surrounding you were eye-catching. The fair was overcrowded with an unbelievable amount of people. It was amazing! No one could recognize you or Rex among the many people who occupy the fair. You have Anakin to thank for the idea for the date.

Flashback * You decided to go to a local bar in the lower parts of Coruscant with Anakin. You were dressed in ripped jeans, combat boots, an open sleeve-less jacket to reveal your muscular arms, and a white t-shirt. "So... You and Rex. How did that happen? Anakin asked with a grin, wiggling his eyebrows. Despite the fact that you told him to wear casual clothing too, he instead wore his Jedi robes. He sets the pool table for the third round. "Well, after we kissed, which you interrupted.." You jeered. "I'm sorry! I was worried about you." Anakin countered. "You didn't interrupt the kiss, but you did ruin a moment!" You argued. Anakin rolled his eyes as you used your pool cue stick to hit the set pool balls. Once you hit the pool balls, two striped pool balls rolled into the pool table holes to the top right and left. "I have stripes." You told him. Anakin nodded and proceeded to take his turn. "Anyway, after not being able to talk for a while we finally had some time to figure things out and I guess I'm in a relationship now." You said smiling to yourself. "Congrats. Seriously, I'm happy for you." Anakin admitted. Anakin hits the pool balls with his pool cue stick and only gets one solid down the pool table's bottom left hole. "Thanks, Ani." You said. "I just can't really think of what would be the best approach for a first date." You told him. "What have you come up with so far? He asked you, backing up so that you could take your turn. "I was thinking of taking him to a fancy restaurant in the mid-levels of Coruscant, but I don't think that's his style and I could probably save that for a second or third date at least." You replied, getting no balls into the holes of the pool table. "Well, I heard that a traveling fair is coming to Coruscant," Anakin told you. "Where are they going to fit that?" You asked him as he positions himself for the shot. "They rented out a space in the mid-levels is what I've heard," Anakin said, taking the perfect angle and shot at his solid pool ball, watching it fall into the bottom right pool table hole. "Y'know, I missed this." You voiced. Anakin stands up straight to look at you. "We rarely get to hang out outside of fighting battles. I like seeing you outside of fighting droids." You expressed. Anakin slings an arm over your shoulder to give you a one-armed hug. "Me too." Anakin expressed back.

Right now you were walking with Rex through the crowd of people. Rex had on some casual clothing you gave him. You pull Rex out of the crowd and smile at him. "What do you want to do first?" You asked him. He looks around for a second, setting his sights on a shooting game with a smile on his face. You both get closer to the shooter game and see cardboard battle droids with red targets on the chests. You look up to see a series of fluffy animals sitting on shelves around the game. "C'mon give it your best shot!" The vendor encourages the crowd. You and Rex are the first to step up. You drop some credits to the vendor and take hold of the gun next to Rex. You grin at Rex "Bet I'll hit more than you." You taunted. "Oh, really?" He said grinning with you. The vendor starts up the game and the cardboard droids start moving back and forth at a steady speed. Rex shoots two of the droids right off the bat, scoring two points. You kept missing shots left from right until the game was over, only getting five points while Rex had about ten points. "Congrats." The vendor hands Rex a big fluffy stuffed animal toy with the cutest eyes. Rex gives the stuffed animal to you, and happily watches you excitedly take the stuffed animal and hug it. "Thank you, Rex." You said giving Rex a kiss on the cheek. You hold the stuffed animal up to the sky. "It's so fluffy!"

You and Rex stopped for some snacks at a snack stand cheerily chewing on a sugary snack. Rex looked at his food amazed. This was probably his first time eating real food other than that time on Saleucami. You finish your food and walked to the next fair game. You spot a dart game and tug Rex towards the booth. "We should do this one!" You said. You pay the vendor with a few credits and pick up a dart with Rex. "Now, I know I'll beat you." You taunted once again. "Like how you beat me last time?" Rex asked sarcastically. You roll your eyes as the vendor gives you and Rex four darts each. You line up your left hand to the target to aim and use your right hand to hold the dart. You throw the dart and it lands on the bullseye perfectly. You look over to Rex and he sighed angrily as he hits the rim of the target. You giggle at how frustrated Rex was. He rolls his eyes at you and you continue to throw darts until you were out of darts. You look at the scoreboard and see that you have eighty points while Rex had only twenty points. The vendor hands you a jar of candy. "Do you want a kiss for your efforts?" You ask him. He smiles at you as he leans in before you stop him with a single finger. You pull out a small candy that has the word kiss on it. Rex shakes his head at you, takes the candy, and wraps his arm around you.

After playing more fair games and riding roller coasters Rex was about to leave for the barracks when you instead offered to let him stay over for the night. "Are you sure, (N)?" Rex asked, holding everything you both won. At this point, you were already in front of your apartment. "It's fine, Rex. You wouldn't be intruding. I really want you to stay." You reassured him. He smiles as you unlock the door. You step into the middle of the living room and just take it all in. "What do you think?" You asked him. Rex puts down the prizes and looks around your apartment "Wow." Rex said in amazement. You walk over to him to hug him lovingly. "I'm glad we were able to have our first date today." You told him. He tenses up to it at first but then wraps his arms around you. "Likewise." He said while hugging you back. You pulled away a bit to look at him and see his droopy eyes. "I have some extra clothes you could put on for the night." You offered. You pull out of the hug, grab Rex's hand, then lead him into your bedroom. "They're in my closet over there." You said, pointing to your closet. He walks over to the closet, picks up the clothes, and starts to take off his shirt. You looked away, cheeks burning with blush. "Umm, I-I'll go do something productive." You voiced turning to walk away. You could hear Rex chuckle as you exit the bedroom. You hear Rex leave the bedroom and enter the living room. You go back to your bedroom and change into your comfy pajamas. Rex was already slowly drifting off on the couch, but when he sees you he gets up. Rex pulled you close with a sleepy smile "Goodnight." Rex said, kissing your forehead. He lays on the couch to go to sleep and you pull him up. "Rex you can sleep with me in the bedroom." You told him. You walk over into your bedroom with Rex to lay in your queen-sized bed. Once you're on the bed you wrap your arms around Rex. He hesitantly pulls you close in return. His eyes close and you can feel his breathing go into a steady rhythm. "Goodnight." You whispered to him feeling yourself slowly drift off.